Select to view content in your preferred language

Size of attributeInspector window consistently too small

01-25-2016 12:02 PM
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

In my Editor widget, the height and width of my attributeInspector window seems consistently too small. There are scrollbars for both height and width.

Should I be changing the style of the esriPopup?  It doesn't seem like I should have to.

I don't have a lot of styles set on this.  None of the styles provided in the documentation seem to control the height/width of the entire contentpane. 

.esriPopup.light .contentPane, .esriPopup.dark .contentPane {
      padding: 0 1em 1em 1em;
    }

.atiLayerName{
      display:none;
    }

.title{
      font-weight: 600;
    }

.esriPopup .titlePane, .esriPopup.light .titlePane, .esriPopup.dark .titlePane {
    background-color: #cbddeb;

padding: 5px 0 0 5px;
    font-size: 1.1em;
    font-weight:bold;
}

I commented all these, but still I have scrollbars.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Tracy,

Can you post a link to an example that uses the same popup as yours?

0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

The current project contains secure information I can't use as an example.  It happens to contain one field name that's quite a bit longer than the rest. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

The attributeInspector window is just a little too short and needs a vertical scroll to show the Delete button.  It doesn't have a horizontal scroll,  maybe because the field names are generally shorter? 

https://jsbin.com/legida/edit?html,output

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

How about .esriAttributeInspector?

0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

Modifying .esriAttributeInspector made the frame containing the field names  input etc be larger, but not its outer frame.  This meant even more scrolling to see the entire content.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Tracy,

Based on your other questions, I think we are trying to make the same app.

0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

My other twist is that my data is address based.  I'm sure I'll get stuck once I attempt to add a feature, not by a click, but entering an address. 

I was just using attribute inspector and an edit toolbar by itself before. I thought I'd give the Editor widget a shot, since it doesn't seem to have as much set up.  Not that that will help in the long run, if I can't get it to do what I want.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I have two apps doing what you want.

I have the geoform​ for input and then a dgrid/editor widget for update/editing.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Try changing the contentPane height.

.contentPane {
    height: 450px; }

That should work.

TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

I ended up changing the one really long field name from Regional_Supervisor to just Supervisor.  That took care of the width without having to explicitly set a style for it.  The height I still had to hard code before it looked right to me. 

0 Kudos