Select to view content in your preferred language

Replace ESRI logo with custom logo?

10-17-2011 10:37 AM
BarryGuidry
Regular Contributor
I've found how to insert a custom logo into the header of a web application, but how can one replace the "Powered by ESRI" logo?
0 Kudos
34 Replies
JonathanUihlein
Esri Regular Contributor
I think this thread should have died right here. Instead, you folks keep discussing how to violate license terms. SMH.

4.2 (h) seems to be the appropriate section in the linked version of the agreement. Must have been updated since Erwin posted.

Right, but you must have missed this point:

4.1c: Licensee may customize Software using any (i) macro or scripting language, (ii) published application programming interface (API), or (iii) source or object code libraries, but only to the extent that such customization is described in Documentation.

The ability to hide the logo is well described in our documentation.

There are certain use-cases that require hiding the map-based ESRI logo when screen-space is an issue. They hide the map logo while showing the ESRI logo elsewhere in their application.

Another use case is replacing the default ESRI logo with a smaller ESRI logo.

Remember, we are developers, not lawyers.

Mike, I do appreciate your input.
MathewSuran
Regular Contributor

Any way to remove the clickable feature of the logo using the above css example? Or change the url location?

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe
Honored Contributor

Also my co-worker came back from the UC and said they explained how to change out the logo in one of the seminars.

0 Kudos
RobertWinterbottom
Deactivated User

If you are going to use css to hide this logo, keep in mind the class name can change from .logo-med to .logo-sm on smaller screen sizes so you may want to include .logo-sm in your css. In my personal opinion, I think the easiest and best way to do this is hide the logo in the map constructor using logo:false and adding some html inside your map div (by map div I mean the div you are mounting your map into), this way you can absolutely position the new logo and give it a z-index to sit over the map.

0 Kudos
MikeBijou1
Deactivated User

I've wandered upon this thread in search of a solution. We've confirmed with our Esri reps that our enterprise license agreements permits us to change the "Powered by Esri" in our webmaps as needed. But the added complexity in this case is that we need to be able to choose from multiple logos based on different situations. I was able to achieve something similar previously by adding a new parameter to a template's appConfig to change the logo in a template's header, but I have not been able to successfully change the logo in the attribution control.

Is there a way to build something that will allow users to select from multiple logo options to replace the "Powered by Esri" logo?

0 Kudos