Select to view content in your preferred language

I have point data (Lat, long) and its associated image (Jpeg), and I want the web application that open the image by click the particular point using ArcGIS Javascript API. So please share your idea how can I do this. Thanks

12-01-2015 10:04 PM
ChandanKori
New Contributor

I have point data (Lat, long) and its associated image (Jpeg), and I want the web application using ArcGIS Javascript API that open the image by click the particular point.

So please share your idea how can I do this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TyroneBiggums
Occasional Contributor III

Look into this link. They are setting properties that have images as data. You could probably use this and customize it for displaying an image. There is probably an easier, Esri-like, way, but this is what I'd do. https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/jssamples/widget_infowindowchart.html

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chandan,

The JS API provide a means of geo-referenceing an image file using the MapImage and MapImageLayer classes.

MapImage | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

MapImageLayer | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

If the photos are posted online, you can just add the photo's URL as an attribute item to your point layer and then hotlink it inside your infoWindow using a custom Content function. If the photos are being stored locally on your network, well........that gets more difficult. You could add them as attachments to your data or you're going to be dealing with HTML5 and the FIleReader API like this and this.

0 Kudos