Select to view content in your preferred language

I have a layer for sidewalk data, but can't display it on the map. What is needed to display a layer on an existing map?

Jump to solution
12-02-2015 07:36 AM
KeenanStewart
Deactivated User

I am using Visual Studio 2010, I have an existing project on Culture Map that loads and displays the cultural assets fine, but when I try to use this project to display sidewalk data/layer, it does not work.  Is there some kind of tutorial or site I can use to find out how to display this data?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KeenanStewart
Deactivated User

Thanks for your ideas.  I am told it is the same coordinate system and there is no threshold as I can zoom in and nothing is displayed.  Your discussions got me thinking/testing and the sidewalks are appearing now.  Just need to figure out the legend now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

different coordinate system?

0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Honored Contributor

You should also check to see if there is a scale threshold defined on the layer.  Sidewalks sound like something that might not display until the user is zoomed in fairly close.

0 Kudos
KeenanStewart
Deactivated User

Thanks for your ideas.  I am told it is the same coordinate system and there is no threshold as I can zoom in and nothing is displayed.  Your discussions got me thinking/testing and the sidewalks are appearing now.  Just need to figure out the legend now.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Just goes to show you ... a little thought goes a long way... mind over cartographic matter

0 Kudos