Select to view content in your preferred language

Feature Layer Symbology Hatch fill with Solid fill not working

06-22-2023 11:01 PM
mukecz1
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have published a layer using ArcGIS Pro to the ArcGIS Server, and I subsequently built an application that uses this Feature layer to display data.

However, I've encountered an issue. When I set the symbology to 'Hatch fill' in combination with 'Solid fill', only the 'Hatch fill' style appears to be applied - the 'Solid fill' isn't having any effect.

Interestingly, when I test this with MapImageLayer, it works as expected. However, the requirement for my application is to use the Feature layer.

Any assistance or insights you could provide in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

This sounds like a potential bug in the rendering engine. I advise reaching out to Esri Support so they can validate the issue and get it logged into our system.

0 Kudos
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

This might just be a layer publishing issue. If using ArcGIS Pro 3.1, make sure that "Use symbol types compatible with all clients" is not checked when publishing your layer. This will allow for multi-layer symbology. If that checkbox is checked, then the symbology gets downgraded, which could potentially be why you are just seeing the hatch fill and not the solid fill behind it.

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 2.00.56 PM.png

If this doesn't solve it, then I'd take Kristian's advice and reach out support. Thanks!

0 Kudos
mukecz1
New Contributor II

Thank you for the advice. However, we are currently using ArcGIS Pro 2.9.5, which does not offer an option to use symbol types compatible with all clients.

0 Kudos
mukecz1
New Contributor II

Here is more information.

This one is from feature layer

Capture2.PNG

This one is from mapimage layer

Capture1.PNG

   

Capture3.PNG

0 Kudos
mukecz1
New Contributor II

Hello AnneFitz,  I have successfully upgraded my ArcGIS Pro to version 3.1.2, and our ArcGIS Enterprise is currently running on version 10.9.1. Despite this, I seem to be encountering an issue where the 'Use symbol types compatible with all clients' option is not appearing. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear that! I would recommend reaching out to Esri support for assistance with why that option is not appearing. 

Another route you could take is to define the symbology manually on your layer. You create a multi-layer symbol in the JavaScript SDK using the CIMSymbol class. Here's an example: https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/sample-code/cim-lines-and-polygons/

0 Kudos