Select to view content in your preferred language

Sidebar Filter Unable to Display Full Feature List

Monday
JamiBrislan
New Contributor II

I published an Instant App about two weeks ago (6/21/24) using the Sidebar template. It contains a user input filter to search a feature layer for a unique code. This feature layer contains 4,926 features. 

When I first published the app, all 4,926 features displayed in the filter's drop-down list. I checked it again last Friday (7/5/24) and now only 3,000 features appear in the drop-down list.

Interestingly, it is not the first 3,000 records alphabetically that appear in the list, but the bottom 3,000 records.

I tried deleting and re-creating the filter, but the drop-down list is not changing. No changes were made to the hosted feature layer or the web map.

Were there any changes made in the recent update that could be causing this? Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Can you try creating the same filter in the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer and see if it returns the same number of features for the  unique code?

0 Kudos
JamiBrislan
New Contributor II

I can't create a user defined filter in Map Viewer like I can in the Instant App. 

If I set a general filter like "code" does not contain the text "z", all features display on the map, but that doesn't give me a drop down option to filter, which is what I need.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Ok so are you saying that all the options are not appearing in the dropdown list? 

0 Kudos
JamiBrislan
New Contributor II

Yes. When I first published it, all 4,926 options appeared in the dropdown list. Now only 3,000 appear.

0 Kudos