Select to view content in your preferred language

Zone Lookup is not working after ArcGIS Online June update

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
BobCarberry3
New Contributor II

We have a school locator application that was working before the June update.  The results are only showing the school zone  but not the school site information.  We checked the settings for the related data and everything seemed to look good.   Here is a link to the application: 

https://sjcfl.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=75876d896b0042758c6d268647f12343

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

We have a fix going out either tonight or Monday that will remove the objectid from the related records item.

We also added a URL parameter that will open the related record without having to click if there is only one related record for the selected feature. I've attached an image showing how this will look. It does not have an option to zoom to that feature but we'll get that added for the Fall release of ArcGIS Online and make this a configurable option. 

In the meantime if you'd like this behavior in your app you can either append the url parameter to your app like this: 

https://sjcfl.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=75876d896b0042758c6d268647f12343&...

Or if you'd rather not append it as a URL you can use a tool like AGO Assistant to edit the apps data to set this option. I'm including steps on how to do this here but if you haven't use AGO Assistant before I highly recommend practicing with a copy of your app before you try to edit the original.  You can quickly create a copy of your app using the My Apps tab in the Instant App Gallery   Find your app in the gallery and click the Copy App button to make a copy. 

In the copy of the app try out these steps after the update is made to ArcGIS Online. 

1. Log in to AGO Assistant https://assistant.esri-ps.com/

2. In your content find the app and the app name and choose View Item JSON from the side menu that appears. 

3. In the Item JSON page click the Data tab then Edit JSON

4. In the values section add openRelatedRecords:true, here’s an example of how it’ll look. Click Save and test your app

{	    
            "source": "f6a143fb90c44d7b860f623f1a23c322",
	    "folderId": "root",
	    "values": {
	        "webmap": "050f311bbe4141fb858a0eed1540d363",
	        "type": "webmap",
	        "datePublished": 1719520472275,
	        "openRelatedRecords":true,
	        "fullAppSettings": false
	    }
	}

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BethRomero
Esri Contributor

@BobCarberry3 Zone Lookup was updated to handle related records through the popup. To fix this, you'll need to add the related record content to your popup in the map viewer. You can do this by adding related content you want displayed in the app to each of the school zones. This change was made to improve the support of related records and their formatting in Zone Lookup. 

BethRomero_0-1719504310004.png

0 Kudos
BobCarberry3
New Contributor II
Thanks for your quick reply.
However I have a couple of questions, here is what's return what, is the circled number? Is that the the objectid? Is there a way to remove it?
[cid:image001.jpg@01DAC890.7FE28B50]
Next question, so the user now has to click the arrow to get the additional information? The version before automatically showed the additional info without the need for the additional click. Is there a way to get this functionality back:

[cid:image002.jpg@01DAC890.7FE28B50]

0 Kudos
BobCarberry3
New Contributor II

Thanks for your quick reply. 

However I have a couple of questions, here is what’s return, what is the circled number?  Is that the the objectid?  Is there a way to remove it?

Question 1Question 1

Next question, so the user now has to click the arrow to get the additional information?  The version before automatically showed the additional info without the need for the additional click.  Is there a way to get this functionality back:

Question 2Question 2

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

@BobCarberry3 Looking into this now I'll keep you posted. 

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

We have a fix going out either tonight or Monday that will remove the objectid from the related records item.

We also added a URL parameter that will open the related record without having to click if there is only one related record for the selected feature. I've attached an image showing how this will look. It does not have an option to zoom to that feature but we'll get that added for the Fall release of ArcGIS Online and make this a configurable option. 

In the meantime if you'd like this behavior in your app you can either append the url parameter to your app like this: 

https://sjcfl.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=75876d896b0042758c6d268647f12343&...

Or if you'd rather not append it as a URL you can use a tool like AGO Assistant to edit the apps data to set this option. I'm including steps on how to do this here but if you haven't use AGO Assistant before I highly recommend practicing with a copy of your app before you try to edit the original.  You can quickly create a copy of your app using the My Apps tab in the Instant App Gallery   Find your app in the gallery and click the Copy App button to make a copy. 

In the copy of the app try out these steps after the update is made to ArcGIS Online. 

1. Log in to AGO Assistant https://assistant.esri-ps.com/

2. In your content find the app and the app name and choose View Item JSON from the side menu that appears. 

3. In the Item JSON page click the Data tab then Edit JSON

4. In the values section add openRelatedRecords:true, here’s an example of how it’ll look. Click Save and test your app

{	    
            "source": "f6a143fb90c44d7b860f623f1a23c322",
	    "folderId": "root",
	    "values": {
	        "webmap": "050f311bbe4141fb858a0eed1540d363",
	        "type": "webmap",
	        "datePublished": 1719520472275,
	        "openRelatedRecords":true,
	        "fullAppSettings": false
	    }
	}

0 Kudos