PDF permissions error in Portfolio

Jump to solution
03-24-2022 08:25 AM
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello, I inserted a PDF file from a computer into Portfolio on AGOL, and I am getting the following error. How can I fix this? I did find this related bug here, is this a similar issue?

Thank you,

SaadullahBaloch_0-1648135502042.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
SarahMcDonald_
New Contributor III

Hi @Ed_ ,

Would you be able to provide the steps you are taking when you see the app with those 3 maps that you did not add? Is this when you are viewing the app in the app's configuration or the launched app?

Thanks! 

Sarah

0 Kudos
Ed_
MVP Regular Contributor
  1. Open a new Portfolio Template
  2. Click on add a new section
  3. Insert the URL for PDFs which have been added as items on AGOL.
  4. Then these 3 maps show up from out of no where on the template which I can't delete and, thus end up displaying in the published app. Even though the PDFs are still attached to the app as sections.
0 Kudos
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi @Ed_ 

At which point was the Portfolio app created from? Is it from the Content Page > Create App > Instant Apps and selecting the Portfolio card from the ArcGIS Instant Apps gallery page?

Also, is the app preview in the Instant Apps configuration page displaying the three maps after adding the PDF URLs (however, it's recommended to upload the PDF files as mentioned previously)? Or is it the launched app? Lastly, after adding the sections, did you happen to publish the app by clicking Publish > Confirm > Launch in the Instant Apps configuration page?

Thanks,
Ryan

0 Kudos
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi @Ed_,

Here's a sample app that I created with a sample PDF: https://jsapi.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/portfolio/index.html?appid=74cc8bcdf20e4bda9012e2e2b54032...

From the Content page in https://arcgis.com,

1. Click 'Create app'

2. Select 'Instant Apps'

3. In the Instant Apps Gallery, click 'Choose' on the 'Portfolio' gallery item and enter app information.

4. In the Instant Apps configuration page in Express Step 1, click 'Add new section'.

5. Select the 'File' option.

6. Click 'Choose File' and select the PDF you are looking to add as a section. 

7. Click 'Done'

8. Observe the app preview, At this point, it should display the Portfolio App with the section that was added. 

9. Click 'Publish' > 'Confirm' > 'Launch'.

Please let us know if these steps work for you. 

Best regards,

Ryan 

Ed_
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for the detailed response. I followed the steps but now I am getting an error from Chrome. How can I fix this?

SaadullahBaloch_0-1648562375502.jpeg

0 Kudos