Minimal Gallery not showing Storymaps in Group

04-27-2021 09:16 AM
SRanseen
New Contributor III

We use a minimal gallery embedded in our website to show our items in our public-facing group.  We recently created a story map (using the new designer) for Earth Day.  Everything else in the group shows through but the story map.  I looked at configuration details for the minimal gallery and it should show story maps like every other app.   I don't maintain the webpage and having the simple URL link minimal gallery provides makes it easier for those who do to create the embed.

Any ideas?  If the minimal gallery is not the right app for this what else should I use?

Thank you for your time

0 Kudos
11 Replies
SaraFrankenfeld
New Contributor III

I am having the same problem

0 Kudos
mattpayne22
New Contributor

This could be happening if your stories are still in draft mode. If you publish the stories they should show up in the Minimal Gallery app. You can do this from the storymaps website: storymaps.arcgis.com. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
SaraFrankenfeld
New Contributor III
Thank you for the suggestion, but that is unfortunately not the case. We have three “new” story maps in the gallery, all of which are published and public, and none of them are showing up. Our “classic” story maps show up without any problem.
0 Kudos
mattpayne22
New Contributor

Does this only occur when Minimal Gallery is embedded in a website? Or does it happen when you access the app through it's regular app URL?

0 Kudos
SRanseen
New Contributor III

website and url app.  storymap does show in group we use as base for minimalist gallery.

0 Kudos
SRanseen
New Contributor III

storied are published to public and are showing in the public group we use as base for the minimalist gallery.  the storymap does not show in the minimalist gallery itself or on the webpage

0 Kudos
SaraFrankenfeld
New Contributor III
I have shared all three of them with the “public” group. We have many other items in the group, all of which are showing in the gallery, and I can see the three story maps listed in the contents of the group.
0 Kudos
mattpayne22
New Contributor

It looks like its a bug with the "Only display items of this type" configuration setting. If you switch it from "All" to "Apps", the stories will likely show in the Minimal Gallery app. I am having a developer look into this and we'll hopefully have this fixed this week. I'll update this thread when this happens. Thanks!

0 Kudos
SRanseen
New Contributor III

switching it to apps only from all worked for me.  Thank you for getting a developer to look into this. 🙂

0 Kudos