Select to view content in your preferred language

Introductory Panel in Nearby Instant App no longer editable

Jump to solution
03-06-2023 01:41 PM
KitsapMaps
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I am having an issue with the ‘Edit introduction panel’ functionality within the Nearby Instant App, no longer allowing me to edit the content within the Introduction Panel. I have tried editing via chrome (including incognito) and edge, but still no change occurred. All other aspect of modification of the Introduction Panel seems to be working fine, such as having it be a splash screen or allowing me to turn it off. As a workaround I tried even just inserting an image of my desired Introduction Panel, but it still did not accept the edit.

Here’s a tiny url link to our publicly available app that is having this issue https://kcowa.us/mywatershed

This has been occurring for a few weeks now. I had hoped that the February ArcGIS Online update would resolve my issue but that doesn’t seem to be the case. @RyanLibed

I’m wondering if there is perhaps some sort of custom css box workaround I can used to make it work. I’ve seen other posts where css was used for the Introduction Panel element was identified as #detailPanel @KellyHutchins

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Ryan

13 Replies
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

I'm having the same problem in Attachment Viewer. Thank you, @KitsapMaps for the tip!

- Holly
LizaMarkey
New Contributor

Having this issue with the Sidebar Instant app configuration. I actually decided to add line items to the JSON via AGOL Assist to get the intro panel added / updated. It was an issue with both the Splash Screen content and Details item content. Below is a screenshot of the items I had to add to the JSON.

Happens with new or existing apps in our organization (LA County).

@KellyHutchins let us know if there are any updates on this issue. Thanks!

JSON.PNG

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

This is a known issue in instant apps that will be addressed in the next release of Online. In the meantime you should be able to edit text by following the instructions in this thread. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-instant-apps-questions/nearby-instant-app-intro-panel-not-savin...

Let me know if that doesn't address the issue for you. 

KitsapMaps
New Contributor II

My issue has been resolved!

I am able to edit the Introductory Panel again.

Kelly, thank you for suggesting that windows settings change for ‘Show animations in Windows’. My organization a few months ago had toggled this setting OFF. I was able to toggle it back ON and everything worked like a charm.

For Windows 10 users this setting can changed by going to…

Settings->Ease of Access-> (Under the Display section) Simplify and Personalize Windows, and then toggle ‘Show animations in Windows’ back ON.

Also, thanks for letting us know this issue will be addressed in the next release of AGOL.

Here is a list of all the folks and related posts where the resolution was communicated…

@KellyHutchins

@HeatherWidlund

@RyanBohan 

Solved: Re: Nearby Instant App Intro Panel not saving - Esri Community

Solved: Re: Zone Lookup App: Can't make changes to the int... - Page 2 - Esri Community

0 Kudos