Zone Lookup App: Can't make changes to the introduction panel

Jump to solution
03-03-2023 03:16 PM
YukoOliver
New Contributor III

Hello, I'm updating the contents in the introduction panel on the publicly shared Zone Lookup App, but the app doesn't save any changes.

I could edit the contents in the edit window, but it did not reflect the introduction panel.

I removed two links in the edit window, then after closing the edit window, the two links I removed are still there.

ZoneLookup_1.JPGZoneLookup_2.JPG

I appreciate any help with my issue.

19 Replies
RyanBohan
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for the fast response.  Yes!  I am seeing errors.

RyanBohan_0-1678745223839.png

0 Kudos
YukoOliver
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

Please access the app from here.
It is a public-facing app, so could you also look at the errors?

Thank you

0 Kudos
YukoOliver
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

Ryan found this post, and I tried editing my app off my organization network, then it worked.

Thank you!

Elizabeth_Burniston
New Contributor III

Just wanted to pitch in that I too had the same problem. It was working until I opened the source code tool, after which I could not make further edits. I even tried to create a new project to no avail. The solution for me was to go off the network as was suggested in another post.

RyanBohan

Hi @KellyHutchins,

Is there anything we can provide to help troubleshoot why edits to the intro panel are not saving if while on some networks?  

Thank you

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

@RyanBohan  in some cases it looks like this was happening when prefers reduced motion is enabled. You can test to see if this property is turned off using the instructions at the bottom of this article: https://a11y-101.com/development/reduced-motion

0 Kudos
RyanBohan

Hi @KellyHutchins,

Thank you for the suggestion.  I looked and mine was already toggled off.  I tried turning it on and off, and still unable to edit the introduction panel.

RyanBohan_0-1680814613709.png

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Sorry Ryan I was wrong. It needs to be toggled On for editing to work. I know you said you tried toggling it on but wondered if you could test again? 

RyanBohan

Hi @KellyHutchins,

Yes, turning on "Show animations in Windows" does allow you to update the introduction panel while on the cities network.  I was surprised a windows setting would affect my ability to update something on ArcGIS Online. 

I'll have to remember to turn back on animations the next time I need to update the panel.  If it is helpful, I am on a windows 10 machine.

Thank you for your help,

Ryan

Sarah_of_Lubbock
New Contributor III

Thank you - toggling this on worked for me!