Integration and Communication Between Apps

05-03-2019 05:57 AM
AdrianIsdahl
New Contributor

Hi!

I am doing a project in which I have some questions on how to integrate ArcGIS Apps, and how to make them communicate. I think its a real cool project, but would like to know the possibilities or restrictions of doing it.

The project I am doing for my employer is that a Web Application where the poeple in the town can register defect manholes. In the Web AppBuilder they wil click on a manhole  (a point), and in the pop-up they get a link to a Survey123 they fill out (this I know is possible). My biggest concern of this solution is to connect the results of this Survey123 to a Workforce project, so that the workers in the field can automatically be assigned to fix the manhole that people report as defect. Is this possible? 

If so, when the workers in the field has repaired a manhole, how do they update the map in the original Web AppBuilder so that the status of a manhole is OK? Do they use Workforce or Collector? 

Summarized: I want a Web AppBuilder to communicate with Survey123, Survey123 to communicate with a Workforce Project, and visualize the status of the manholes in an Operations Dashboard. 

Best Regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Adrian,

> My biggest concern of this solution is to connect the results of this Survey123 to a Workforce project, so that the workers in the field can automatically be assigned to fix the manhole that people report as defect. Is this possible? 

Please see this blog, Workforce and Survey123: Creating assignments in the field 

> ... when the workers in the field has repaired a manhole, how do they update the map in the original Web AppBuilder so that the status of a manhole is OK?

If the field workers are editing the same feature service that the Web AppBuilder app is referencing in its web map, once they edit the properties of a feature, the changes should be reflected in Web AppBuilder. Ensure you've set a refresh interval on the data layer in the web map.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos