Select to view content in your preferred language

Workbooks won't open

08-25-2022 05:45 AM
LauraBecht
Occasional Contributor

Hi, i brought this up with customer service, but wanted to see if anyone has had this issue, or has any ideas that could help.  I have several workbooks running on our production portal server, and yesterday when i went to check one i found that i am unable to open any of the workbooks.  All that happens is they default back to the insights home page.  i get this error.  I don't think there is anything wrong with the workbooks, but something happened to the insights install.  Any ideas on how to diagnose this.

LauraBecht_0-1661431372805.png

Thanks in advance,

Laura

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

@LauraBecht -

Not totally sure what's going on here. Are you still able to reproduce the issue? Does the same thing happen in different browsers?

0 Kudos
LauraBecht
Occasional Contributor
Hi Scott,
Yes, this is still happening, and I have the same issue in both edge and chrome. On the 13th my IT team did take the server down for maintenance and do some firewall modifications, could any of that have caused this?
Laura
0 Kudos
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

Possibly. When I have noticed something like this internally it usually seems to be a web authentication issue which I imagine could be impacted by modifying the firewall settings.

What type of authentication are you using? Does it work in incognito mode?

0 Kudos
LauraBecht
Occasional Contributor
Will check on the authentication, it doesn't work in incognito mode. I will ask for more detail on what was changed. Is it possible to solve this by doing a reinstall?
Laura
0 Kudos
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

Yeah I would try that next. Have you logged a call with Customer Service yet? If the reinstall doesn't work, I would advise that as the next step and then we should be able to dig into the specifics more.

0 Kudos
LauraBecht
Occasional Contributor
I have emailed my customer service contact, Don, so he is aware of this issue. I kinda wanted to get confirmation that a reinstall would likely work, I'm at a loss here myself, never had any problems that affected every workbook. I will find out about the authentication and what was done with the firewall, and if we can't get a solution from that info, will try the reinstall. Just want to see if there is a simpler solution.
Thanks for all your help.
Laura
0 Kudos