This layer cannot be copied...

Jump to solution
11-01-2022 12:40 PM
HaskettGeorge
New Contributor III

Recently we are having troubles copying data from the majority of our published services to our workbooks within Insights (Enterprise 10.9.1 Portal version/Insights 2021.3.1.4259).  Historically this has worked fine, however we are now frequently not able to do so.

This process appears to work for services on the Living Atlas, data from connected SQL DBs, and some simplified services, but for the majority of the time we get a notice stating that the Layer cannot be copied.

I have increased the "javaHeapSize" settings to 2,048.  I have also increased the "maxRecordCount" to exceed the number of counties in the US data.

The current data I am testing on is a county layer for the US.

When I look at the server logs I get the following response:

Tool [copy-dataset] execution in connector arcgis-relational-datastore failed. Params: CopyParameters{params=Params{dataset='Country_e86eb13'}} ToolParameters{outDataset='Country_08b2704', connectorId='arcgis-relational-datastore'} com.esri.insights.api.http.RequestException: Error performing query operation 

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

George

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HaskettGeorge
New Contributor III

Ok, we found a link to the following topic, which I believe fixed things by increasing the SOC Heap Size.

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000011736

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

@HaskettGeorge,

Speaking with one of our developers, it looks like an ArcGIS server error. Can you check if your server/datastore license is still valid?

Also, setting your log level to verbose/debug might give more clues.

Let me know if you'd like to schedule a call to take a look.

Scott 

0 Kudos
HaskettGeorge
New Contributor III

Thanks Scott, I tried it again and expanded the drop down to Verbose.

The first error I see is the following:

Instance of service 'System/DynamicMappingHost.MapServer' failed to process a request.

Followed by this message:

Instance of the service 'System/DynamicMappingHost.MapServer' crashed. The ArcSOC process for this service may not have enough memory allocated to it. Consider increasing the SOC heap size for this service by updating the "javaHeapSize" property, using the Edit Service operation in the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory. com.esri.arcgis.discovery.servicelib.AGSException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.servicelib.impl.RemoteServiceImpl.handleRequest(RemoteServiceImpl.java:105) at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor16.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Unknown Source) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(Unknown Source) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.lambda$run$0(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(Unknown Source) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(Unknown Source) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.rmi/java.rmi.server.RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.invokeRemoteMethod(Unknown Source) at java.rmi/java.rmi.server.RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy34.handleRequest(Unknown Source) at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.admin.rediscovery.service.ArcSOCGISService.handleRequest(ArcSOCGISService.java:610) at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.admin.rediscovery.actors.GenericServerObjectActor.onReceive(GenericServerObjectActor.java:150) at akka.actor.UntypedActor$$anonfun$receive$1.applyOrElse(UntypedActor.scala:165) at akka.actor.Actor.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:484) at akka.actor.Actor.aroundReceive$(Actor.scala:484) at akka.actor.UntypedActor.aroundReceive(UntypedActor.scala:95) at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:526) at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:495) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:257) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:224) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.exec(Mailbox.scala:234) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.topLevelExec(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.scan(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.servicelib.impl.ServiceImpl.handleRequest(ServiceImpl.java:270) at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.servicelib.impl.RemoteServiceImpl.handleRequest(RemoteServiceImpl.java:99) at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor16.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Unknown Source) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(Unknown Source) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.lambda$run$0(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at com.esri.arcgis.interop.NativeObjRef.nativeVtblInvokeNative(Native Method) at com.esri.arcgis.interop.NativeObjRef.nativeVtblInvoke(Unknown Source) at com.esri.arcgis.interop.NativeObjRef.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.esri.arcgis.interop.Dispatch.vtblInvoke(Unknown Source) at com.esri.arcgis.system.IRESTRequestHandlerProxy.handleRESTRequest(Unknown Source) at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.servicelib.impl.SOThreadBase.handleRestRequest(SOThreadBase.java:781) at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.servicelib.impl.SharedSOThread.handleRequest(SharedSOThread.java:313) at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.servicelib.impl.SOThreadBase.startRun(SOThreadBase.java:430) at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.servicelib.impl.SharedSOThread.run(SharedSOThread.java:146)

I followed some online instructions from ESRI to increase the "JavaHeapSize".  I increased it to 2,048, but still get the same error message.  This layer in question is a county layer for the US.  What should I increase the "JavaHeapSize" to make this work, if that is the problem?

Our server is 10.9.1 and we are current with our maintenance so our license should not have been an issue.

The next log of interest states:

SDE Connection pooling initialized. Service cache size: 50, SDE connection pool size: 100, SDE connection timeout(sec): 300

Can/should I modify something here?

Next message shows some success:

Instance of service 'System/DynamicMappingHost' has been created successfully.

However it is followed by these two messages:

Error performing query operation Error handling service request :Instance of the service 'System/DynamicMappingHost.MapServer' crashed.

Tool [copy-dataset] execution in connector arcgis-relational-datastore failed. Params: CopyParameters{params=Params{dataset='Country_4fda56b'}} ToolParameters{outDataset='Country_749c0de', connectorId='arcgis-relational-datastore'} com.esri.insights.api.http.RequestException: Error performing query operation

When I tried submitting this reply I got a warning from this site stating that my post was changed because of invalid HTML was found in the message body, and that the invalid HTML has been removed.  Hopefully there messages are still of value.  I don't know for sure what was replaced.

0 Kudos
HaskettGeorge
New Contributor III

Ok, we found a link to the following topic, which I believe fixed things by increasing the SOC Heap Size.

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000011736

nacelle_pylon
New Contributor III

Out of curiosity what did you increate the SOC maximum heap size to? Currently mine is set to 256 mb but I do see the error in my log  "Instance of service 'System/DynamicMappingHost.MapServer' failed to process a request."

0 Kudos
nacelle_pylon
New Contributor III

What did you end up setting the SOC heap size to? Mine is already at 256 mb

0 Kudos