Select to view content in your preferred language

Error when i try to reserver a hotel or Roome un Indoors Viewer

Jump to solution
02-09-2023 01:03 PM
SimonMarin
Esri Contributor

Hi, everyone.

I'm working whit ArcGIS Indoors set up the Indoor viewer using data referenced and branch versioning.

at this moment the web app shows me the units that I can reserve, but when I click to make the reserve, I get back an error. 

SimonMarin_1-1675976305578.png

SimonMarin_0-1675976269550.png

I'm using ArcGIS Enterprise Version 10.9.1 whit a DataBase PostgreSQL

If any knows why or if there is something that I could do to overcome this issue 

i will be thankful

Simon Marin
Solution engineer- Esri Colombia
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SimonMarin
Esri Contributor

Hi everyone. 

First thanks for all your post, these were constructive.

I could solve this issue :D. 

for this solution, I publish the reservation layer as copy data in the ArcGIS portal instead of as referenced data to the enterprise database.

This solution works in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1

Simon Marin

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
10 Replies
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hello @SimonMarin only Occupants and Units are supposed to be branched versioned. There is no versioning needed for Reservations. Can you please check your feature service and confirm?

0 Kudos
SimonMarin
Esri Contributor

Hi @GauravJobanputra .

The reservation's layer has the branch versioning activated, but I can't disable it, because it is in the indoors dataset where are the units and occupants layers. 

SimonMarin_0-1676037351380.png

So please tell me if I could delete the layer reservation and create it again outside the indoor dataset.

Thanks

Simon Marin
0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hello @SimonMarin, please go through the following topics to get the desired web map configuration and avoid the error you are encountering.

1. Create a Space Planner web map
  2. Share a Space Planner web map to Enterprise
  3. Configure using the Reservations layer in Indoors

After this you should not see any issues. I am assuming you are on the latest version of ArcGIS Enterprise (v11.0). If not, then please let me know what version.

0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hi @SimonMarin, were you able to get the Reservation layer shared separately and get this to work? Even if the dataset is registered as versioned you can select not to enable version management when sharing as a web layer.

0 Kudos
Leo_GTRI
New Contributor III

feature dataset items cannot be individually set for non branched versioning.  What is the workflow here?

0 Kudos
GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

@Leo_GTRI version management can be enabled selectively when sharing as a web layer even if the dataset is registered as branch versioned. Space Planner requires only Occupants and Units to have version management. Reservation layer is only used in Indoor Viewer and should not be shared with version management enabled.

Follow steps in this topic to for enabling version management.

0 Kudos
SimonMarin
Esri Contributor

Hi everyone. 

First thanks for all your post, these were constructive.

I could solve this issue :D. 

for this solution, I publish the reservation layer as copy data in the ArcGIS portal instead of as referenced data to the enterprise database.

This solution works in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1

Simon Marin
Tags (1)
Leo_GTRI
New Contributor III

I did the same thing, but the documentation clearly states you should be able to share as referenced data in Enterprise.

To gain added security provided by the constraint attribute rule, the Reservations layer must be   that references registered data. Otherwise, the Reservations layer is published without the attribute rule. Attribute rules are not available in hosted feature layers in ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
SimonMarin
Esri Contributor

Yes, @Leo_GTRI.

I think that documentation is for ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0 and my deployment is over the 10.9.1 version. 

Simon Marin