Unable to upload GIF file to image card in Hub

Jump to solution
01-06-2021 11:12 AM
KMcDonald
New Contributor

I am updating our HUB site with new images and want to upload a gif - a file type that was previously supported in the image card.  

Using the image card, I have tried to upload a gif that is < 3MB, but receive a warning to try a different image. 

I have also tried linking a gif URL, but receive a warning from this pathway as well.

Any suggestions on how to update Hub with a GIF file?  

KMcDonald_0-1609959854238.png

KMcDonald_1-1609959994791.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Hi @KMcDonald -- first, an amazing gif selection.  Using Image URL use the GIF link below the Short Link on Giphy, I've confirmed this works on my site.  I'll add an item to the backlog to address short-links in the image card for future consideration.

The image card doesn't support uploading gifs directly at this time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Hi @KMcDonald -- first, an amazing gif selection.  Using Image URL use the GIF link below the Short Link on Giphy, I've confirmed this works on my site.  I'll add an item to the backlog to address short-links in the image card for future consideration.

The image card doesn't support uploading gifs directly at this time.

0 Kudos
KMcDonald
New Contributor
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the response and gif selection props. You are right, the long
URL does work.

In December I was able to *upload* a gif to the website. We had an artist
create an animated schematic that we want to update with the latest
iteration. Will this functionality to upload gifs be restored anytime
soon?

Krista
0 Kudos
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Hi Krista,

I don't believe the image card ever supported GIF file type uploads, we have supported JPEG, JPG, and PNG for some time.  I pulled down a version of the Hub from late-Oct 2020 and direct GIF uploads were not supported.  I'll add it as an item to investigate as well, we are evaluating other functionality for the image card at the moment so good timing.

Brian

0 Kudos