Hub 'follow' button disappearing

Jump to solution
04-08-2020 03:44 AM
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

On my hub initiative site (premium), we have a follow button. However this is not showing publicly. When I go in to the follow button settings to see what may be causing it, I get the following notification: "the selected initiative can only be followed by current followers". The documentation on this appears to be lacking. Any ideas how to resolve this so that the follow button appears publicly? The initiative is shared publicly (sharing level: Everyone (public).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In edit mode for your site/initiative, try visiting the "community" area...click the sharing option in the upper right and set it to public.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In edit mode for your site/initiative, try visiting the "community" area...click the sharing option in the upper right and set it to public.

DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Perfect, thanks!

0 Kudos
AnnalisaIob
New Contributor

Hi - having the same issue and cannot find the community area of my site/initiative. I can only access my organisation's Hub community.  

0 Kudos
JanetSilb_Spike
New Contributor III

It's in the drop down in the upper left of your page under the title of your initiative. There you can choose community.  Once in the Community menu go to the upper right of the page & click the 'Visibility' icon. Mine was still set to teams. Once I changed it to Public the Follow button became visible to the public.

0 Kudos
JanetSilb_Spike
New Contributor III

I ran into this too. Thank you for the solution!

0 Kudos