Unique values symbology updates incorrectly when underlying data changes

03-31-2022 02:21 AM
KaySunset
New Contributor

Hi all,

we're experiencing a problem when underlying data of an ArcGIS Map for Power BI changes.

We have a people assigned to 2-digit Zip Codes (Germany), that are displayed as a layer with unique values symbology. For this, the data field is assigned to the colors.

Now we have changed the assignments for some of the people. When refreshing the PBI dataset (based on an Azure Tabular Model Cube), instead of changing the zip codes areas for one person, the map now showed this person twice in different colors. One of them obviously did not have any data and should have been removed entirely. One of the colors was also used twice (the old one of that person) and only showed data for that new assignment (another person). 

I have attached screenshots, I had to scroll down a little which is why there are two different ones.

Is this a bug or am I missing a setting?

Thanks in advance!

KaySunset_0-1648718447811.png

KaySunset_0-1648718613137.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@KaySunset - Hello there! My name is Anthony and I am a product engineer on the ArcGIS for Power BI visual. I was looking over this issue and I would like to help out if I can!

This is an interesting one! I am going to investigate this issue and report back. In the meantime, is it possible to share your PBIX file or at least some clean data (if there are privacy concerns) so that I can test the workflow in my environment? 

If this is a bug, I can get it into a project with our group and discuss a fix for it. But for now, I will investigate it first and troubleshoot the behavior. 

Looking forward to resolving this! 

0 Kudos