Select to view content in your preferred language

Type & Size map reverts to default formatting after data refresh

01-07-2022 06:19 AM
lalapina
New Contributor

I have a simple map with 38 unique values (unique colors) and size of the bubbles is defined by a number. Every time I want to refresh the data all format reverts to default. Meaning, many values go to "other" label (all turn grey) and even if I take them out from the "other" all pre-set colors are gone and it just uses random allocation from color ramp.

Also the settings for the size of the bubble reverts back to default.

I have Power BI desktop Version: 2.99.782.0 64-bit (November 2021)

Does anyone have an idea how to freeze the format so it does not change back to default? Is it a bug or is there some setup feature which has to be abled/disabled?

Thanks so much in advance,

Laura

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ismaeloltra
New Contributor II

I have a similar problem, symbols reset when I add a filter to the visual , or if I refresh the report, it might also reset the symbols, and assign random colours, I have redone the symbology 3 times in the same day. What a terrible experience 

0 Kudos
JordynDurade
New Contributor

I have the same exact problem, my report used to work fine up until a little over a month ago and nothing had changed.

0 Kudos
Perceval84
New Contributor II

I have the same exact problem.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Perceval84 This 'should' be resolved in the update coming on Feb 9th. If you hover over the Esri logo in the lower right corner, you will see 2022.1.98 as the version number. If you are still seeing issues with the map rendering after a refresh, please post here and we will follow up with you!

Thank you,

andrew

JordynDurade
New Contributor

This resolved my issue. Thank you!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

So glad to hear... we have a great team working hard on it!

giphy.gif_cid=790b761158260370d91019b6efb040ebe2812b34c7123c4f&rid=giphy

0 Kudos
Perceval84
New Contributor II

This resolved my issue too, I will to validate in PowerBi Web.

Thank you! and could you tell me about the issue to publish choropleth maps on the web?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please message me directly, or start a new thread about the issue to publish chorolpleth maps to the web. I'm assuming, but not 100% sure  that you have polygons you matched to and want to share that report via Embed/Publish to Web in Power BI. 

We do not support boundary matching in P2W, but you can do the polygon match in ArcGIS for Office or Online, create/publish the feature layer in ArcGIS Online, then pull it into Power BI using Power Automate. It sounds complex but is relatively simple. 

0 Kudos
AlessioBrusamolino
New Contributor

I still have the same problem when I apply a filter (symbols just reset) and every time I change a field with a slicer, the classification doesn't refresh/react with the new data.

Did I get some settings wrong? 

My current version is 2022.2.105.

Thank you in advance,

Alessio

0 Kudos