Map data from two tables

Jump to solution
02-03-2021 05:07 PM
MarkBall
New Contributor II

Good day,

I searched the web for help not finding an answer, but maybe I am wording my questions wrong. 

Here is what worked: I am mapping our customer activity and our branch locations as well as some of our competitors locations. I appended our branch locations and competitors to the customer data table. I use the color field to differentiate our customer locations, our branches and competitors. Works great!

Now my boss wants to filter to a specific customer, then have the ability to add in our branches and or competitors to the map by filtering them in. Because our customer data and branch info are on the same table, when you filter to a customer everything else disappears from the table.

How can i build my map with customer info and branch info on separate tables, so my boss can filter to a customer then display our branches and competitors as applicable?

Thank you in advance!

Mark

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey there Mark,

Thank you for your question. As it stands, there is no way to add two data layers into the same visual. That being said, the functionality you seek may be achieved in a different way using one or more of the techniques below:

Join layers: Allows you to join non-spatial data to spatial data already in the visual. It also allows you to join and search this data to reference data.

Cross-report filtering: Built in PowerBI functionality and querying also works with our visual. You could feasibly set the report up in such a way that it will filter both customer and competitor data based on a shared attribute.

Some ideas to get you started. Please let me know if this helps!

Keep on keeping on!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey there Mark,

Thank you for your question. As it stands, there is no way to add two data layers into the same visual. That being said, the functionality you seek may be achieved in a different way using one or more of the techniques below:

Join layers: Allows you to join non-spatial data to spatial data already in the visual. It also allows you to join and search this data to reference data.

Cross-report filtering: Built in PowerBI functionality and querying also works with our visual. You could feasibly set the report up in such a way that it will filter both customer and competitor data based on a shared attribute.

Some ideas to get you started. Please let me know if this helps!

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos