Linking of Survey 123 with Power BI

Jump to solution
06-22-2021 01:16 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Community,

I am using Survey 123 to capture data from the field and I was wondering is there a way to import the data directly from survey 123 to Power BI, with Kobo there was a way to do it but with Survey 123 I don't know. Please advise me If there is a solution.... Thanks in advance!!!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Theoretically, you can use PowerBI's built in REST connector to get this information. However, unless it's publicly available of ArcGIS Online (bad idea) you will have to refresh the connector whenever the token in the REST request expires. This is a known limitation with the software (specifically PowerBI's handling of tokens and credential saves).

Keep on keeping on!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Theoretically, you can use PowerBI's built in REST connector to get this information. However, unless it's publicly available of ArcGIS Online (bad idea) you will have to refresh the connector whenever the token in the REST request expires. This is a known limitation with the software (specifically PowerBI's handling of tokens and credential saves).

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
BahaaHilal
New Contributor

Is there any solution for it?

0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

You are able to create a connection with a REST service that is un secured indefinitely. Otherwise, you may create a connection with a long lived token, but you will have to re-create it upon token expiration. I know that Microsoft is aware of this limitation, but I haven't heard of them changing the way this connector works to accommodate this standard.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos