Select to view content in your preferred language

Icon Color as a Function of Applied Filter's Data No Longer Working After Update.

07-29-2024 07:08 AM
Labels (3)
IMakeMaps
New Contributor

Hello!

It appears that after the update, the icon color no longer changes when a filter is applied to a data set. I'm not 100% sure if it is something that I am doing incorrectly or a flaw with ArcGIS for Power BI.

Desired functionality:

When Index 1 is selected, the color of the icon should match the value of the index itself for a given location, where an index of 1 is perfect (In this case bright yellow) and an index of 0 is bad (In this case dark brown). When Index 2 is selected, the color of the icon should change to match the new index value. Prior to the update, this would change like it was supposed to. There was a separate issue where the color ramp would automatically reset when the index was switched from Index 1 to Index 2. This was never able to be resolved and has been a lifetime issue for this map, but we made do with the bright yellow to dark brown color pattern.  The applied filter is a defined parameter with index 1, index 2, and index 3. The parameter is used as a filter on the page level so that only the desired index gets passed to the heat map and can be used to determine the color of the icon. I should also note that, on the layer pane, it is not switching from showing Index 1 to Index 2 when the new index is selected with the filter. Half the time, when the index is changed, the map also stops showing the tooltips as well. When it does show the tooltip, usually the correct index does show there, even though the icon color doesn't.

LindseyKubsch_3-1722260945909.png

I apologize for blacking everything out, but I really like my job. Let me know if there is any information you need that isn't available from this view.

Thank you for your help. Anyone else having this issue? 

0 Kudos
0 Replies