Select to view content in your preferred language

URGENT! - Unable to navigate between the tooltips panel

Jump to solution
Thursday
Labels (2)
alvsigor
New Contributor

Hello,

I use "arcgis map for power bi" for my graduation thesis, which I will defend next Tuesday, July 2nd. I used a function present in the previous version that allowed me to navigate between one tip and another when I positioned the mouse cursor at the top of a location on the map. It turns out that the new version doesn't allow me to do the same thing and this is essential for my thesis to work. Can anyone help? Is there a way to revert it to the old version?

I'm adding pictures of the previous function and what happens on the new one. Screenshot 2024-06-27 180822.pngScreenshot 2024-06-27 1810172.png

Notice that on the second picture, there is now option to navigate between the informations.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

Hello @alvsigor and thank you for reaching out!

I do apologize for the inconvenience that the new release has caused you. In our latest update, we have moved to using Power BI's native tooltip system and tooltips now follow that pattern. The only difference is if you are using pop-ups from a reference layer (this is where the new Feature information pane comes in). 

One way to solve this issue is to use the Report page tooltip function that is built into Power BI. 

Try the following steps and let me know if this solves it! 

In my example, I am using the following settings: 

1. Create a new blank page in your Power BI report

2. You can hide this page in your report since it is being used for a tooltip

3. On the new blank page, navigate to the Format pane

4. Expand the Page information panel 

5. Toggle on "Allow use as a tooltip"

6. You can name this page if you'd like to keep track of it

AnthonyLatini_0-1719527239336.png

7. Under Canvas settings, select Custom from the dropdown menu 

8. Adjust the canvas size based on your data. I am using 300x500px

AnthonyLatini_1-1719527324285.png

9. On the report page, add two tables (or any other visualization that you want to use) 

10. Add the appropriate data

AnthonyLatini_2-1719527373650.png

11. Tab back to the report page that contains the map

12. Select the map on the report page

13. Navigate to the Format pane

14. Under the General tab, expand the Tooltips section

15. Select the new page that you just created

AnthonyLatini_3-1719527458490.png

16. Hover over your feature and you should see the new tooltip displayed

AnthonyLatini_4-1719527495025.png

This also works for things like pie charts or any other visualization in Power BI. 

AnthonyLatini_5-1719527595811.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

Hello @alvsigor and thank you for reaching out!

I do apologize for the inconvenience that the new release has caused you. In our latest update, we have moved to using Power BI's native tooltip system and tooltips now follow that pattern. The only difference is if you are using pop-ups from a reference layer (this is where the new Feature information pane comes in). 

One way to solve this issue is to use the Report page tooltip function that is built into Power BI. 

Try the following steps and let me know if this solves it! 

In my example, I am using the following settings: 

1. Create a new blank page in your Power BI report

2. You can hide this page in your report since it is being used for a tooltip

3. On the new blank page, navigate to the Format pane

4. Expand the Page information panel 

5. Toggle on "Allow use as a tooltip"

6. You can name this page if you'd like to keep track of it

AnthonyLatini_0-1719527239336.png

7. Under Canvas settings, select Custom from the dropdown menu 

8. Adjust the canvas size based on your data. I am using 300x500px

AnthonyLatini_1-1719527324285.png

9. On the report page, add two tables (or any other visualization that you want to use) 

10. Add the appropriate data

AnthonyLatini_2-1719527373650.png

11. Tab back to the report page that contains the map

12. Select the map on the report page

13. Navigate to the Format pane

14. Under the General tab, expand the Tooltips section

15. Select the new page that you just created

AnthonyLatini_3-1719527458490.png

16. Hover over your feature and you should see the new tooltip displayed

AnthonyLatini_4-1719527495025.png

This also works for things like pie charts or any other visualization in Power BI. 

AnthonyLatini_5-1719527595811.png

SavannahMontano

I did all of these steps, and it still only shows the first record in the table in the tooltips window. How do I resolve this? I need to be able to see all of the records for an overlapping point on the map. 

I tried to also view them using the new Feature Information tab, but that doesn't work either. I have multiple features selected, but nothing shows up in Feature Information. I know multiple features are selected, because in the Selection Tool tab, it says 6 features selected. However, Feature Information remains blank. How can I get this feature to work, if Tooltips won't work? Please note I don't have a Power BI online account that I can use. This was a free feature before though, so I was hoping it'd still work for me.
 Screenshot 2024-07-03 155223.jpg

0 Kudos
alvsigor
New Contributor

Hello! Thanks for replying so fast!

For some reason, my table only shows the first data on the database (and the function that shows only the first one it's not activated, I checked) 

Screenshot 2024-06-27 195408.png

So, thats my Dashbord, and when I select one state on Brazil, the grafic on the rigth shows the wind farms that are located at this specific state. You can see, that on the grafic, there are 2 wind farms highlighteds, and on the map tooltip, only shows the "Number 1" that I draw on the printscren.

Are you positive that there is no way that i can revert to the old version?

0 Kudos
alvsigor
New Contributor

Hello again!

I figure out what I was doing wrong!

Your solution worked for me! Thank you so mutch!

AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

Excellent! I am glad we got it up and running! Good luck on your thesis and let me know if you need anything else!