I need to hide attributes in Power BI reference layer "tooltip"

09-24-2020 12:38 PM
JayheeMin
New Contributor

When I add an ArcGIS reference layer to an ArcGIS Map for Power BI, the layer has over 20 attributes that all show in a nonsensical tooltip.  

There is no use for users in bombarding the visual with 50 different attributes, as by sharing too much, it tells them nothing. Is there a fix for me to be able to pick and choose which attributes to show in PowerBI, like I can in ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey there Jayhee,

At this point in time, there is no way of hiding the tooltip attributes for reference layers. If you are able to do so, I would suggest opening a support ticket to investigate this further and possible log something for this behavior.

You are able to configure tool tips for your own data by following this workflow, however: Configure and view tooltips—ArcGIS Maps for Power BI | Documentation 

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
SanManuel
New Contributor II

Has there been any updates to this? We are also trying hide the tooltip for reference layers.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SanManuel No, there are no updates to this yet. We have discussed changing the pop up experience and hope to have that improved on next year.

0 Kudos