Select to view content in your preferred language

I am not kept logged in and have to rebuild visuals over and over again

04-07-2022 11:44 PM
lEoN
by
New Contributor

When returning to a Power BI report with an ArcGIS for Power BI visual, I am often logged out from the ArcGIS account I used to build the visual. I cannot find a way to log back in to the visual. I have to delete the visual, add a new one, log in and rebuild te visual.

Why can't I log back in from within the existing visual once it has been build? Or am I missing something here?

Any solution would be welcome.

Thank you.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@lEoN - Hello there! My name is Anthony and I am a product engineer on the ArcGIS for Power BI visual. I was looking over this issue and I would like to help out if I can!

There are some unique workflows within the Power BI environment that our visual has to navigate around. Because of them, signing in can be a bit tricky if your token expires or if the login needs to be refreshed. Further, because of some technical limitations, logging into the visual is done prior to adding data. 

However, there is a workaround that doesn't require you to delete and lose all of your work! Take a look at the steps below and let me know if this helps. 

1. Open your Power BI Report. Double-check to make sure you aren't logged in. 

AnthonyLatini_0-1649878120523.png

2. At the bottom of the report page, click on the + icon to add a new page.

3. On the new, blank page, add our visual.

4. Click on the appropriate sign-in you'd like to use (ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise) and sign in with your credentials

AnthonyLatini_1-1649878194996.png

5. Tab back to the original page where you checked to see if you were logged in. The map should now pick up the credentials from the blank page and sign you in. 

6. You can delete or remove the new page you created.

AnthonyLatini_2-1649878235765.png

lEoN
by
New Contributor

Thanks @Anthony, I will check this workarround.

0 Kudos