How to automate the connection between BI and PostGre SQL

Jump to solution
04-21-2020 11:32 PM
OriGudes3
New Contributor II

Dear Group,

I have recently done test with the BI while connected to PostGre SQ (query) ,then made some changes in the data-set from the PostGRE SQL server side.
My conclusion from this test is that the update worked and was reflected in the dashboard, see the attached snapshot. However, it worked only after I have manually refreshed the connection.
So, I am asking how I can define that this will be defined automatically and refreshed by defined time interval.
Thanks Ori
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Ori,

Thank you for reaching out. Reading through your question, it appears that you are trying to implement a data refresh within your PowerBI Document. After some searching, I was able to find this Microsoft document that speaks to your workflow: Data refresh in PowerBI.

Depending on how you want this refresh to work, you may be able to implement a simple cache refresh (which can occur every 15 minutes).

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Keep on keeping on!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Ori,

Thank you for reaching out. Reading through your question, it appears that you are trying to implement a data refresh within your PowerBI Document. After some searching, I was able to find this Microsoft document that speaks to your workflow: Data refresh in PowerBI.

Depending on how you want this refresh to work, you may be able to implement a simple cache refresh (which can occur every 15 minutes).

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Keep on keeping on!
OriGudes3
New Contributor II

Thank you!

0 Kudos