Select to view content in your preferred language

Can't close time slider

05-31-2024 02:14 PM
GustavoHabinoski
New Contributor

There is no "x" to close the time-slider as mentioned in the note from this article.

Time slider—ArcGIS for Microsoft 365 | Documentation

Yes, it is possible to remove it by removing my measue from the time field in the visualization tab in powerbi
but, at the moment this map is only counting properly the amout of occurences that i have if i put the measure in the time field.

Otherwise it is excluding values. so, for now, i need to keep my measures in the time field.

GustavoHabinoski_0-1717187297245.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @GustavoHabinoski,

Thanks very much for the question! You are right! There should be no "x" button on the time slider and the only way to remove the time slider is to remove data from `Time` field well. The documentation will be updated with our new time slider experience.

In the next release, you will be able to minimize the time slider but still need to remove the data if you want to totally remove the time slider. I hope the enhanced experience will help a bit.

For now, would you mind me asking if you are using other field wells for mapping/analyzing? If not, maybe try to add that data to other field wells instead of time to see if it works or not, e.g. Tooltips or Find similar to see if that works or not?

Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns!

Thank you!

GustavoHabinoski
New Contributor

Hello @NaZhang_Esri
Thank you for your reply!  
Is there an estimated date for the release of this new time slider?

Yes, i am using the following fields:
latitude, longitude, color and time.

GustavoHabinoski_0-1717502168576.png

my dataset has occurrences, which may have the same id if/when there are more resources(vehicles) in them.
The need of 2 or more resources does generate a new row in my dataset.
so, an oc. with 1 vehicle needed will be:
row 1: "oc1-day1-vehicle1"
an oc. with 3 vehicles needed will be:
row 2 "oc2-day1-vehicle1"
row 3 "oc2-day1-vehicle2"
row 4 "oc2-day1-vehicle3"

these vehicles must be counted separately, and each vehicle has a "time of arrival" column.
i need to aggregate the number of occurrences by vehicle and want to use the color to show the time of arrival. 

if i put the "id_oc" field in the size field, when aggregating it results in a wrong total number.

oddly(?), the only way i achieved to get the correct total number was by putting the "time of arrival" column in the color field and an index column in the time field. but it does result in a completely wrong date in the time slicer, as shown in this bottom print.

GustavoHabinoski_1-1717503167088.png

Thank you again,
and please let me know if there is any way i can improve it or if i lacked any clarity in my explanation.

0 Kudos
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @GustavoHabinoski,

I really apologize for the late reply. Somehow I didn't see your reply in my inbox. Sorry I'm still a bit of confused. Sometimes I add unique data to Tooltips to differentiate the mapped data. I'm not sure if it works for you.

The new version has been released on June 26th. If you still want to use the Time field, you will see the new time slider like this. If you click on the minimize button, it will be minimized to an icon at the bottom.

2024-06-28_16-26-32.png

NaZhang_Esri_1-1719617335906.png

Please let me know if you have more questions! Thanks!

0 Kudos