Basemap is resets to gray when report has been published to cloud

05-18-2020 12:43 AM
АндрейСавин
New Contributor II

Hi

I have prepared Power BI report with 2 pages. Both page have arcgis map with standard option.

I have chosen basemap "OpenStreetMap" and change simbol style (using bright colors). It's for both maps.

I have publish the report. When I opened report at first time map was ok. But when I changed page basemap was resets to gray and colors of simbols to default.

Deletion of IE cache did not help. I have deleted report from cloud and have published it again - the same situation: first opening - map is ok, changing the page or opening the report second time - map is gray.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PaulHuey
New Contributor II

I am having similar issue with report in production on Power BI service tenant using Streets basemap with specified Symbol Color.  Report was working properly for several weeks, now opens in Light Gray Canvas basemap with default symbol colors.  I have cleared browser cache and re-published but still does not produce expected results.  Was a change made from ESRI as to how the ArcGIS visualization is rendered in the Power BI service?

0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello all,

I am a representative of Esri Technical Support. We are currently tracking this behavior that occurs in PowerBI Online. Would you please reply to this thread with the region location of your PowerBI Tenant? You may access this information by going to PowerBI Online and clicking the question mark next to your profile picture. 

At this point in time, we know that this behavior is occurring on certain PowerBI Online datacenter regions. If you have maintenance, I would advise you to open a case with us.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
АндрейСавин
New Contributor II

Hi Jon

If I understood you correctly this information available in About Power BI

I found next string

"Ваши данные сохранены в Западная Европа (Нидерланды)"

In english it's "Your data has been saved in Western Europe (Netherlands)"

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info, Could you try publishing the report without modifying the symbology>? Does the error occur when using one of our predefined color ramps?

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
АндрейСавин
New Contributor II

I added new vizualisation to the report. Add Location, size and color fields. Then change BaseMap to OpenStreet. No any additional changes. No errors or warnings received. Then I published report as new report.
Opened report via Chrome. First opening - it's ok: map is colored (OpenStreet basemap), simbols are default.
Switch between pages, and basemap is gray.

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

This sounds like it may be related to another PowerBI Issue we are currently tracking. Could you please tell me which datacenter your tenant is located in? You may find this information by going to PowerBI Online and clicking the question mark to the left of your profile picture.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
АндрейСавин
New Contributor II

As I wrote earlier

"Ваши данные сохранены в Западная Европа (Нидерланды)"

In english it's "Your data has been saved in Western Europe (Netherlands)"

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Update for you all:

At this point, our Microsoft and Esri Product Groups are actively investigating this issue in collaboration. Our understanding is that this issue has been logged on the Microsoft side as ICM - 187310866 with a current Severity Level of 2, meaning it now has an SLA for a solution. The issue is being treated with urgency by both Product Groups and we appreciate your continued patience in this matter. We will provide further details on this issue and hopefully a timeline as soon as possible and appreciate your patience through this process.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Update:

I have been able to confirm with multiple users that the Power BI Online persistence issue ICM – 187310866 has been resolved. Please let me know if you are still running into issues.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos