Add-on License & Trial Period

Jump to solution
07-28-2020 08:48 AM
LindseyBrighton1
New Contributor

Hi,

My organization uses ArcGIS Online and multiple Add-on Licenses (ArcGIS Pro Advanced, ArcGIS Insights & ArcGIS Advanced). Further. Now, we are planning to buy Add-on: ArcGIS MAPS for Power BI.  Have following questions:

- Is there a TRIAL Period to try-out ArcGIS MAPS for Power BI, before purchasing the 'Add-on' license?
- Should we decide to purchase, can My organization use credits to purchase ArcGIS MAPS for Power BI?
- Given that my organization is a user of ArcGIS & multiple Add-ons, what is the cost of ArcGIS MAPS for Power BI?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Lindsay,

At this point in time, there is no Trial version of this License (since the Standard version comes with most of the functionality that the add on license has).

Current pricing for the license can be found here: ArcGIS Maps for Power BI Pricing | Add License for Access 

As of August 2020, the pricing is $60 per year per license. I do not believe that you can use credits to purchase this.

Keep on keeping on!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Lindsay,

At this point in time, there is no Trial version of this License (since the Standard version comes with most of the functionality that the add on license has).

Current pricing for the license can be found here: ArcGIS Maps for Power BI Pricing | Add License for Access 

As of August 2020, the pricing is $60 per year per license. I do not believe that you can use credits to purchase this.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
ClemensNaderer1
Esri Contributor

But why there is also no trial for the standard license included in the ArcGIS Online Trial? This makes no sense.

0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Clemens,

The Standard license is included in all installations of ArcGIS Maps for PowerBI. No license is required to work with the plugin. If your goal is to use reference layers from your trial organization. I would suggest sharing those layers publicly which will enable you to use the layer as a reference layer in ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint.

To my knowledge, the premium license is not included in the ArcGIS Online trial subscription at this time.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
ClemensNaderer1
Esri Contributor

Hello Jon,

Thanks for your answer. II have now found out that the standard license is only included in the ArcGIS Online Trial. This is not included in the ArcGIS Pro Trial. This caused confusion for one of our customers. It might be good to make ArcGIS Maps for Power BI accessible via the ArcGIS Pro Trial license.

Thanks and best regards,

Clemens

0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Clemens,

I am not sure what you mean: The standard license comes with all instances of PowerBI Desktop there isn't a trial required.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
ClemensNaderer1
Esri Contributor

I need to fill in my ArcGIS Online credentials to use it in Power BI.ArcGIS Maps for Power BI is an Add-On license in ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Clemens,

Although it prompts you for credentials, you should be able to use it without signing in.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
ClemensNaderer1
Esri Contributor

Ah, ok. thank you.