Transparency setting of the reference layer

06-21-2021 10:58 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems that when we add the reference layer from Portal or AGO, transparency setting is automatically applied. I cannot find anywhere to set the transparency of the reference layer in ArcGIS Maps for Power BI. Can I suggest not automatically apply the transparency of the reference layer and give users the option to set it up if needed? Thank you.

4 Comments
ManishPatel

Hi @Anonymous User 

You can find the option to change transparency in Symbol style

Layer list > Symbology > Layer Transparency

ManishPatel_0-1624342036182.png

Hope this helps.

by Anonymous User

Thank you Manish~ This is my map, not sure why it didn't show the option of the symbology ?  

TingLin_0-1624342580702.png

DiegoMeira

"The Symbology option appears only on layers created using Power BI data." according to this: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/power-bi/design/change-layer-transparency.htm

Esri should definitely add the option to change the transparency of Reference Layers. The user should have this control, not the software.

AnthonyLatini

@DiegoMeira @Anonymous User - Hello there! My name is Anthony and I am a product engineer on the ArcGIS for Power BI visual. I was looking over this issue and I would like to help out if I can!

Just wanted to give an update on this inquiry. 

I have logged an issue into our project plan to add this functionality so that transparency settings work across all layer types and not just the Power BI data-layer. 

Lastly, be on the lookout between now and October 6th for our new version of ArcGIS for Power BI! We have made a ton of improvements throughout the entire visual and would love to have your feedback! 

Please let me know if you have any questions.