Select to view content in your preferred language

Join layer on Power BI applicable when menu not open.

06-16-2022 12:20 AM
FMGLGIS
New Contributor III

Please enable the join layer functionality even when the widget's settings pane is not open. It currently only operates as expected when the join layer is open, which requires dashboard users to go through 4-5 menus to get to this option. This is not reasonable to expect a dashboard viewer/non gis user to do.

I would like the users to use filters on the rest of the dashboards page and have the map filter to the joined features, without having to set it up each time.

Details: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-for-power-bi-questions/arcgis-maps-for-power-bi-join-feature-no... 

12 Comments
AnneTetley

Fully agree too, this is preventing us from fully recommending the ESRI plug in as the corporate solution for mapping in Power BI.  End users of published dashboards aren't going to manage to find the Join layer tool and it obscures most of the map unless you make the map much bigger than you'd generally want if its embedded with other data and items in the dashboard..

MarkHodgson

Jumping on the bandwagon here, though a little late to the party. Having the same experience and issues and while I want to fly the flag for ArcGIS, with this current limitation my company will invest in other solutions. Anyone at esri able to provide an update?