Power Automate - Flow Error

Jump to solution
12-04-2023 07:42 AM
MariusVerdes
Occasional Contributor

Hello everyone,

I receive an error message when testing a Power Automate Flow, you can see the screenshots attached. I tried different fields from the dynamic content but nothing seems to work. Does anybody know what can be the problem here?

If more details are needed, please let me know.

P.S. "Trebuie furnizata o valoare pentru calea sursei" means "A value must be provided for the source path".

@IsmaelChivite @SeanKMcGinnis Can you please have a look?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MariusVerdes
Occasional Contributor

Hello everyone,

Finally, yesterday evening I was able to resolve the issue. For some reason I am not aware of, the report template was not correct on my second step of the flow (weird because I know very well that I selected the correct one). Basically, the issue was with step 2 of my flow, not the upload to OneDrive, which was failing because there was no content coming from the survey123 report.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I learned my lesson from this experience. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @MariusVerdes

From the screenshots, I can see that you are using a custom Power Automate connector. For this reason, I think it will be best you work though this problem with Esri Technical Support as the problem may be related to specific network configuration in your organization.  

0 Kudos
MariusVerdes
Occasional Contributor

Hi @IsmaelChivite

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my situation. I will contact my IT department to see if this error is caused by something in our configuration.

Do you see another way of building to flow to achieve the same result?

0 Kudos
DominicRoberge2
Occasional Contributor III

Can you show us your Upload file from URL settings? I have a similar flow and below are my settings. This is working just fine for me

DominicRoberge2_0-1701786553862.png

0 Kudos
MariusVerdes
Occasional Contributor

Hi @DominicRoberge2 ,

I have similar settings as you. The only difference is that I am using a custom connector since I want this to work based on our ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1. I saw a few tutorials and this is how I built the flow. For the URL and name dynamics content I used the " x of the first result file".

4.JPG

0 Kudos
MariusVerdes
Occasional Contributor

Hello everyone,

Finally, yesterday evening I was able to resolve the issue. For some reason I am not aware of, the report template was not correct on my second step of the flow (weird because I know very well that I selected the correct one). Basically, the issue was with step 2 of my flow, not the upload to OneDrive, which was failing because there was no content coming from the survey123 report.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I learned my lesson from this experience. 

BenWilkerson89
New Contributor III

I get the same error from time to time. 90% of the time it works just fine but sometimes it gives me the same error message: 

Action 'Upload_file_from_URL' failed: A value must be provided for source path.

The only way I am able to resolve this issue is when I go into Survey123 and make some edits on the survey that was created and then resubmit it. 
0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I run into this issue sometimes too, sometimes the Create Report fails and doesn't return anything (but it doesn't actually mark that action as failed?) so I put it in a do until to try a couple times, then return the error if no luck. I think it's just sometimes there are network errors when trying to create the report on the Automate/ArcGIS side. I catch the error and email myself that it failed, and cancel the flow so I can easily see which one it was in the history.

I find if I go into Power Automate and re-run the flow that failed it works.