map disappears when using AutoCAD 2019

Jump to solution
08-29-2019 02:30 PM
AnnUlliman
New Contributor II

I am using AutoCAD 2019. I have loaded a map service hosted by my university.  I can see the map. I attempt to draw a line (or pline or arc....) following an entity on the map (e.g. a building). I pick the first point and then as soon as it is time to select the 2nd point, the map disappears.  I have to complete the command and pan before the map re-appears.  I have toggled the Graphics hardware acceleration on and off, with no changes.  Graphics card is also up to date.  Any ideas on what is causing this and, even better, how to solve the problem? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You might try disabling the dynamic behavior of the map (so that it doesn't refresh when you pan/zoom) until you can trace the building. If needed, you could then manually refresh the map. When you're finished, you could turn the dynamic behavior of the map back on. 

The next release will improve the performance of map rendering, zooming/panning overall, so stay tuned.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You might try disabling the dynamic behavior of the map (so that it doesn't refresh when you pan/zoom) until you can trace the building. If needed, you could then manually refresh the map. When you're finished, you could turn the dynamic behavior of the map back on. 

The next release will improve the performance of map rendering, zooming/panning overall, so stay tuned.

AnnUlliman
New Contributor II

This helped a lot! Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Randy_Garcia
Esri Contributor

Adding to what Oscar mentioned above, the 370 version of ArcGIS for Autocad does not update the map while in the middle of a command. If you do need to see the map while drawing a line, turning off the dynamic map behavior or extracting a copy of the map should solve that problem but you will not get dynamic map updates. 

In the 400 release slated for the this fall, this issue will be fixed. 

AnnUlliman
New Contributor II

So glad to hear that it will be fixed.

0 Kudos