ArcGIS for Autocad: Right-click stops functioning

Jump to solution
02-06-2020 07:45 AM
Roberts_Craig
New Contributor III

I have found a problem where my right-click in Autodesk Civil 3D 2019 stops working after I load a feature service in ArcGIS for Autocad 370.  Has anyone else experienced this?  It will work after I load up the ArcGIS for Autocad .dll file using NETLOAD.  It is only after connecting to a feature service the right-click stops functioning.  (Shift-right-click, however, still functions!)  Any help is appreciated.#arcgis for autocad 370  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roberts_Craig
New Contributor III

I solved my right-click problem by upgrading to AFA v400.  I hadn't done this previously because I was getting an error when I tried to install it.  I discovered that the Windows Installer Service wasn't functioning properly.  Our IT group helped me fix the installer service, then I was able to install AFA v400, which doesn't have the right-click problem (for me).  Yay!

Jen Parkhill, you most likely have a different problem since you tested AFA v400 and still have the issue.

The problem may be related to this article:  https://community.esri.com/thread/233926-plug-arcgis-in-autocad-2020

370 was released before ACAD 2020, so it wasn't designed to be compatible.  This may be true for 2019 too.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Roberts_Craig
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello Craig,

I appreciate the GeoNet post about ArcGIS for AutoCAD. I see you mention Autodesk version 2019. When working with this particular version of the Autodesk products with ArcGIS for AutoCAD there have been display issues observed. If at all possible you might try the 2018 or 2020 version of the Autodesk product and then monitor this display behavior.

Kind regards,
Dan

Roberts_Craig
New Contributor III

Thank you Dan for your suggestion.  At some point we will make the switch to 2020 or 2021.  The issue may be related to something else.  I noticed this only happens during remote desktop sessions.  I'll post back if I solve the problem.

0 Kudos
CraigRoberts
New Contributor

It looks like this is indeed linked to Autocad 2019.  I'm surprised I haven't seen more users experiencing this problem.  I tested out 2018 and did not lose the right-click function.

The 2019 bug also causes erratic zooming.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Was there ever a workaround? I'm running into the same issue with the ArcGIS for AutoCAD plugin with Map 3D 2020. The right click menu fails as soon as the user logs into the Portal, even before loading any GIS Feature Services.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The workaround that I've found is to re-assign the Default Menu to Ctrl+Click with the Right Mouse Button. This was adapted from here: Modifying right-click shortcut menu | AutoCAD | Autodesk Knowledge Network 

It's not perfect, but it works. Hopefully there is a better software fix out there, but I'm not seeing much action with respect to that.

See the attached image for details of how the menu is reassigned. 

0 Kudos
Roberts_Craig
New Contributor III

Thank you, Jen, for the work-around.  I had tested Civil 3D 2018 and did not have the problem, so I assumed it was specific to 2019 as Dan indicated.  It has been a stubborn issue.  I am going to install 2020 in the next day or two and test it out.

0 Kudos
Roberts_Craig
New Contributor III

I just tested out AFA370 with Civil 3D 2020 and have the same problem with right-click not functioning.

0 Kudos
Roberts_Craig
New Contributor III

I just "re-confirmed" that it the issue is present in Civil 3D 2019 and C3D 2020.  It does not appear to be a problem in C3D 2018.  I have replicated the problem on multiple computers.  I am using AFA 370.

0 Kudos