Select to view content in your preferred language

Question about the Info element in Field Maps Designer

04-01-2024 05:56 AM
SarahLinn1
New Contributor III

What is the purpose of the highlighted code symbol in the properties of the Info element in Field Maps Designer? I was hoping to be able to use HTML in the info element, but found out that that isn't supported so I am wondering what is supported via this symbol, <>

InfoElement.JPG

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JustinReynolds
Regular Contributor

It will just format the text you type as a code block.  Code blocks are still just text though... nothing is executed.

https://www.codecademy.com/resources/docs/markdown/code-blocks

In Designer

JustinReynolds_0-1711980801119.png

In Field Maps

JustinReynolds_2-1711980896144.jpeg

In the Layer Definition

The JSONified version as saved in the layer definition's Form Elements:

JustinReynolds_3-1711981049096.png

You will notice that each code block in the JSON string is wrapped with backticks instead of single quotes.

- Justin Reynolds, PE
0 Kudos
SarahLinn1
New Contributor III

Thanks @JustinReynolds . I guess I am not understanding the value of it though. Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
JustinReynolds
Regular Contributor

No, I don't think you are missing anything.  I don't see much value there either, besides having another font type.  I think they released these info elements kind of bare bones.  I suspect additional options will be supported in the future.

- Justin Reynolds, PE
0 Kudos
ChristopherPasch
New Contributor II

I find it interesting that it says HTML is not supported. However a few weeks ago I did a little CSS in the info element to display some reference images from our field manual so field crew doesn't need to toggle between apps as much. It worked fine on our iPads but not on my android device.

1000004192.jpg

1000004193.jpg

0 Kudos
Marisa_Kordecki
New Contributor III

@ChristopherPasch Were you ever able to get this to work with android devices? 

0 Kudos