Select to view content in your preferred language

Privilege needed to manage list in field maps

07-25-2022 11:54 AM
MikeOnzay
Regular Contributor

We deployed the Tree Management Solution. It created many groups including the Tree Management Core Team group. It is a shared update group.  "Members of this group can create, edit, and manage the site, pages, and other content related to Tree Management." - I interpret that to mean these users can modify the content, including lists on hosted feature layers. Is this correct?

The Tree Field Map uses the Trees hosted feature layer. 

The user that I want to be able to modify these lists has the following privileges:

content creator plus editor.JPG

This is what the user sees when he tries to modify a list for the 

manage list error detail.JPG

What privilege does this user need to manage the list?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@MikeOnzay Is the user able to manage the list through the Data tab on the Item Details page for the Feature Layer in Online?  We're following the same rules re: updates to feature layers as Online is.  

I believe I've got a user set up like yours, my user is unable to edit the List in either Online or Field Maps.

I also believe this is by design for the time being:
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/share-maps/create-groups.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_12B3CD7ADAF843DB9...

I have reached out to a few people to ask if there are any plans to change this.

Craig

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@MikeOnzay I dug in to this a bit more. 

• You'll need to add the Administrative privileges > Content > Update privilege
  • However, even when you do that, there's a bug in Field Maps (and probably Online) in that, we're not honoring that privilege to allow you to update the List (i.e. Coded Value Domain)

I've got an issue in our backlog to address for the Fall release of Field Maps.

Craig

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay
Regular Contributor

@CraigGillgrass Thanks for the quick response and letting me know that it should be fixed in the Fall.

I didn't have time to answer the question from your first reply, but we did confirm that the edit button was unavailable in ArcGIS Online...Data...Fields for managing lists.

Regarding setting the privileges, "Administrative privileges > Content > Update privilege" - it looks like this (see below), which I find very confusing. 

admin content privileges.JPG

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Sounds like this will continue to be a known issue in the Online Data tab but we'll address it in Field Maps.

The Update privilege is the one you want to enable for this to work once we address the bug.

Craig

0 Kudos