FieldMaps Crashes with Offline Data Submittal

07-14-2021 02:55 PM
ajs_wgs
New Contributor

"After collecting data for a feature layer, tap the Submit button and the app crashes. Time to re-type all the data I just entered." A frustrating bug that wasn't in Collector or Collector Classic, which both never had data loss like this. 

Context: I've set up an offline map with a designated sideloaded basemap. It syncs well manually, displays layer data fine enough, and I work exclusively offline. My editable feature layers each have multiple fields (string, double, time, etc) and multiple domains for custom drop down menus. The time field in the mobile app has a scroll wheel to select the current time via a "Today" button. 

This crash occurs fairly regularly and I may have found a possible association: app crashes when tapping the Submit button WHILE the list of fields, domain drop down menu, or time wheel is still scrolling. I notice that if I wait for any motion (scrolling or panning) to complete, and then tap Submit, then a crash is much less likely to occur. Basically, I need to wait for any and all onscreen details to be "motionless" and then I may tap Submit without fear of crashing and losing the data I just entered. 

Fortunately, my forms arent very long and can be re-populated quickly but it is still frustrating to lose data for no apparent reason. What is causing these Submit button related crashes and how can I avoid them?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you seeing this on Android or iOS app? Which version of the app do you have installed?

0 Kudos
ajs_wgs
New Contributor

iOS 14.6 and FieldMaps version 21.2.1 build 462

0 Kudos