Contingent Values not working with Offline Areas

Jump to solution
05-17-2022 12:46 PM
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Hello. It appears that the support for contingent values added in the May 2022 update only applies when working online. We have a project where contingent values created in Pro will work as expected in the Field Maps mobile app (Android) while working online, but once you create an offline area, they no longer function in the app. No other changes to the project were made. 

Is this a known issue or expected behavior? I haven't been able to find it referenced in the documentation anywhere. https://doc.arcgis.com/en/field-maps/android/help/fill-out-forms.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_7E7EF23C996E4EA7A...

Thanks.

-Aaron
17 Replies
cbp-geus
Occasional Contributor II

Their is announced a System Maintenance for the ArcGIS.com system today. Would there by any chance be updates for this issue?

2022-06-22_13-27-31.jpg

Christian Brogaard Pedersen
0 Kudos
JohnHernandez
New Contributor

Hi @KevinBurke Im experiencing the same problem that you mentioned about Enterprise (If using ArcGIS Enterprise federated feature services (non-hosted) the offline areas are getting generated successfully however the contingent value definitions aren't being included within the offline area). I have a non-hosted feature service in Enterprise 10.9 with contingent values that aren't being included within the offline areas. Is this an expected behavior?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
cbp-geus

We are unfortunately experiencing the same issue with our ArcGIS Field Maps, and our geologists were supposed to use the app for their offline fieldwork in Greenland this summer.

We have made several tests with ArcGIS Field Maps on various mobile devices and user accounts and encountered different major issues that we think are related to the creation of the offline package:

• The problem with the Contingent Values occurs only when offline areas are generated, where the Contingent Values Groups simply disappears from the app. They work as intended for the online part on AGOL and in our ArcGIS Pro project.

• When offline areas have been downloaded from AGOL to the ArcGIS Field Maps app, the blue + button for making data points is not shown. This issue is not always consistent as this happens only sometimes and, in some cases, this is more frequent on some mobile devices like the iPhone. We have also tested with Samsung and Nokia both with Android OS 12. Sometimes the issue disappears if the Auto Sync is enabled, or the package is downloaded again, and sometimes it disappears when the user relog with their AGOL account.

• When creating offline areas from the ArcGIS Field Maps app the package generation fails.

• When updating the feature layers, the templates in the form builder resets or disappears. The only work around is not to use the Templates but add all the fields manually.

All feature services and maps are hosted on AGOL with shared with the organization and respective group.

cbp-geus

As of yesterdays ArcGIS.com system maintenance June 22nd we can happily say that Contingent Values are working in our new created offline areas this morning. We can also see that new functions has been added and we are looking forward to hear more about the new updates.

AaronMurphy
New Contributor II

Has anyone successfully used contingent values with an offline area that was created in AGOL under the Web Map Settings/Manage Offline Areas?

Contingent values are now working for me in offline areas I create directly in the Field Maps app. However, I have tried updating, recreating, and deleting then recreating offline areas through AGOL with no success. The map/layer is the same in both cases.

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi @AaronMurphy 

Thank you for the feedback. That is a known issue that should be addressed in ArcGIS Online within the next few days. 

Thank you

-Kevin

PaulSweeney3
Occasional Contributor III

Currently experiencing issue with downloading packaging field maps through the Web App and Mobile App.

Consistently getting the following error from the error log retrieved via the packages log.

"code: 500, "message": "Unable to create replica. Please check your parameters.", "details": ["Exporting data for layer 0 failed]

Is this related to this contingent values problem?

Have also gone through the troubleshooting links in the following post. 

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hey @PaulSweeney3,

My initial sense is that this download failure is unrelated to contingent values specifically, as the original download failure scenario was addressed in a recent update to ArcGIS Online.

Would you be able to share your map/services with me to test on my end?

If so, please share with the ArcGISFieldMaps user.

Thank you

-Kevin

0 Kudos