Select to view content in your preferred language

Create Smart Form Templates by importing a table or csv for AGOL "subtypes"

01-17-2024 12:07 PM
Teresa_Blader
Occasional Contributor III

Field Map Templates are really helpful, but have something missing. For a project like Signs Management (where the ArcGIS Solution loads in many templates in the form ahead of time but needs to be updated), MUTCD codes have a lot of details associated to them. I love that I can update the primary code list from a CSV in Field Maps. But the CSV can only have the code and the description - what about all the other fields that match?

What if we could create templates based on a whole table: where I add each code from a list, and the fill out the other fields I have to manually populate currently in the template. Like "subtypes" in a FGDB, but for AGOL. And maybe it can even be synced back to the table and add updates as needed to the table. 

Example: Signs - each unique MUTCD code has a unique color, sign height, sign width, and sign material.

I have a table, or csv where each field loads the many templates for me. Then I don't have to go through, in the form builder, and manually populate the plethora of template fields.