Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Field Maps Web or Windows 10/11 Apps

07-14-2022 09:11 AM
Labels (2)
rsun_TQB
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

I believe that we should have a web/Windows App version of ArcGIS Field Maps. New Web Map Viewer is too tedious to perform editing for non-GIS users in the organization. For field workers, they can use their work phones (on if your organization provides that), but for office workers... or workers prefer to do their edit/update using web browser. I know there is "Experience Builder" that has an editing widget to be added (not on my Enterprise 10.9.1 but only AGOL). Few suggestions here...

1. Make the new web map viewer editing as easy as Android/iOS ArcGIS Field Maps
    • Show relationship class links
    • Copy/paste attributes/geometry etc.
    • All other functionalities that mobile version has
    • Make UX as good as mobile ArcGIS Field Maps
  2. Build web version of ArcGIS Field Maps (not just configuration) with same functionalities as Android/iOS ArcGIS Field Maps. It will make pushing out AGOL/Enterprise way easier for many organizations!
  3. Please don't wait for Windows 11 or Microsoft's promising "android" app integration to do this. They may never do a good enough job on this, and ask people to use unnecessary "amazon" account... 

Thanks a lot,

Reno

24 Comments
RyanBohan

Is there any plans to add FieldMaps as a widget to Experience Builder?  That would allow an easy transition from the field to the office.

MelanieWawryk

That would work and it would mean we wouldn't have to make and maintain two apps for every task (one in field maps and one for in the office) We could just consume the original field map with the widget and be able to use it on any device including windows desktops.

BrettLessner

I'm not sure this would work for us. We use / provide our contractors mmpks to view our data offline. 

BrettLessner

Looks like Windows will no longer have the Windows Subsystem for Android option.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-questions/windows-support-as-amazon-store-is-end-of-...