Select to view content in your preferred language

Add validity conditions (i.e. greater than) on fields to submit a FieldMaps Form

04-04-2024 01:53 AM
AndreaGalligari
New Contributor II

My organisation is facing an issue when surveyors are not submitting the correct information on FieldMaps because of oversights or laziness.

For an integer/double/float field into the FieldMaps Form, it would be very useful to add validity conditions such as Value must be greater than; Value must be between; Value must be less than; etc.

This function is available on Survey123 Forms, but not on FieldMaps.

5 Comments
SarahSaint-Ruth
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @AndreaGalligari we did introduce the ability to set ranges for integer fields in Field Maps Designer. 

SarahSaintRuth_0-1712255666694.png

Does this meet your workflows needs?

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA

@SarahSaint-Ruth worth mentioning whether this functionality is only in Field Maps Designer and not yet in the WebMap smart form editor as well. Thats a lesson I learnt recently on another scenario regarding new fields, default values and feature templates. You don't see that stuff in the WebMap smart form editor - only Field Maps Designer. 

AndreaGalligari

@SarahSaint-RuthThanks for the tip. As @LindsayRaabe_FPCWA said, I didn't know about this functionality because it's not available in the WebMap smart form editor.
I generally use the WebMap interface to design everything: pop-ups, symbology, forms, and labels. It would be great if we could have the full functionalities of Field Maps Designer in the WebMap to avoid switching between different apps.

I tested the function, but unfortunately, it is not what I was searching for, because this function only modifies the range domain of a specific field, and this would cause problems for our workflow.
For example: I want surveyors to submit at least 1 using that form, so I changed that min value range from 0 to 1, but I also want supervisors or administrators to revert the value to 0 if surveyors put the wrong data, by using a different form on a different WebMap (or simply from the "Data" section of a feature layer URL). Moreover, the default value of this field should be 0, not 1.

Would it be possible to add validity conditions that are not related to the design of a field itself?

SarahSaint-Ruth

Hi @AndreaGalligari thanks for sharing more on your workflow and the feedback on supported functions within Map Viewer.

We don't readily have this validation capability available today directly in the form specification, but we are working on providing further attribute rules support in the future which may help with this requirement. 

Create and manage attribute rules—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation