Experience Builder Developer Edition - Issues with Basemap gallery

Jump to solution
04-06-2021 05:54 AM
Martin1
Occasional Contributor

I am working with ArcGIS Experience Builder Developer Edition to build an application. How I understand the docs and how it is described here (@DavidMartinez), the basemap gallery shown in the application should be the one from the organisation (ArcGIS Enterprise).

However, this does not seem to work for me. Even though I have a basemap gallery defined in my Portal for ArcGIS (which works in the Portal), my application shows a different list (ESRI basemaps). This is the list I get:

MartinScheiber1_1-1617713461814.png

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Do I lack some configuration somewhere? The connection between the application and my Portal seems to be fine, as I draw all my data and a Geocoding service from it successfully.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

Hi Martin, I understand that this is an issue with the current build, i believe it is resolve in the next release. See the question asked here. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder/map-widget-not-showing-organization-basemaps.... I experienced the same issue and created my own basemap widget which reads from the organisation and loads the organisation basemaps only. See the attached. 

View solution in original post

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

HI - Seems like this is still an issue, at least for Enterprise.  I am working in the Developer Version 1.5 · July 2021 release.  I registered my developer version with Enterprise Portal (10.9).   My portals' custom basemap group (gallery) is public, as are the webmaps and any custom vector tile layers the group contains. Like most org, anonymous access to the portal is disabled. 

My guess is this the problem - no anonymous access.  Either that or it's something with how Living Atlas layers are shared?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

Hi Martin, I understand that this is an issue with the current build, i believe it is resolve in the next release. See the question asked here. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder/map-widget-not-showing-organization-basemaps.... I experienced the same issue and created my own basemap widget which reads from the organisation and loads the organisation basemaps only. See the attached. 

Martin1
Occasional Contributor

@Grant-S-Carroll : Cool. Thank you for your help.

I was searching for a similar topic but did not come across this one.

Good to hear that the problem will be solved soon and thanks a lot for your own basemap widget. I will give it a try. 

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

HI - Seems like this is still an issue, at least for Enterprise.  I am working in the Developer Version 1.5 · July 2021 release.  I registered my developer version with Enterprise Portal (10.9).   My portals' custom basemap group (gallery) is public, as are the webmaps and any custom vector tile layers the group contains. Like most org, anonymous access to the portal is disabled. 

My guess is this the problem - no anonymous access.  Either that or it's something with how Living Atlas layers are shared?

MarcBateEA
New Contributor III

Basemap gallery widget per 2022 DevSummit isn't planned until "Q3, Q4 and beyond" timeframe

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

thanks I've moved on from this.  I use our agol org for map consumption in EbDev or Online. Sadly though at this time if you want your orgs' basemap gallery to display from the map basemap tool you have to use the dev edition

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/map-widget-basemap-tool-of-a-publi...

But the dev edition at 1.8.1 has it's own set of problems with client installs:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-blog/version-1-8-of-experience-builder-devel...

0 Kudos
AndreasEugster
Occasional Contributor

Still an issue with ExB Dev v.1.10, Enterprise 10.9.1, and yes with "enabled anonymous access" it works fine... but that's not a possible way for us. So we are still stuck to WAB for "public" experiences. With WAB you can at least bypass the basemap-gallery through a proxy but to my knowledge this is no longer a possible worflow with ExB.

What are the options for Enterprise except "enable anonymous access"?

Any idea if the long awaited "basemap widget" Q2 on the roadmap 2023 will resolve that?