Select to view content in your preferred language

Using Related Tables in ArcGIS Experience Builder for Calculating Metrics from Land Use Data

07-29-2024 01:41 PM
MZ23
by
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

I am creating an app in ArcGIS Experience Builder that uses related tables for calculations between my origin and destination tables.

Context:

• Web Map: Contains a hosted feature layer with a related table.
  • Origin Table: Map with land use type and acreage for parcels.
  • Destination Table: Contains land use types and per-acre metrics.

Objective: I want to create charts or indicators that multiply parcel acreages by their corresponding per-acre metrics from the related table and sum these metrics for the study area.

Questions:

1. Is it possible to achieve these calculations entirely within Experience Builder using current related tables capabilities?
  2. If not, can I embed a dashboard or another solution in Experience Builder to display these metrics?

Additional Context:

• I aim to use the Experience Builder edit widget to update the land use type for parcels and reflect the changes in the related metrics.
  • We were considering Geoplanner for these capabilities but are seeking alternatives due to its deprecation.

I'm not highly experienced with related tables, so any advice or alternative solutions are appreciated. Thank you in advance!

1 Reply
RyanUthoff
Frequent Contributor

I suspect this isn't possible with the out of the box functionality in Experience Builder, although I'm definitely not a professional EB user. It might be possible with a custom built widget.

I do have a potential alternative solution though. You might be able to accomplish this in the web map pop-up configuration instead of using an EB widget. If you use Arcade, you can retrieve related records and do calculations. And you should be able to create charts based off your Arcade expression. This blog post has some examples. https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/visualizing-data-from-related-record...

Also helpful, creating chart pop-ups with Arcade (it's for AGOL, but also works for Enterprise): https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/how-to-create-an-arcgis-online-map-viewer-pop-up-pie-c...

The downside is that the charts are going to be at the pop-up level instead of at the widget/app level, but it might be an alternative to using an EB widget. Of course the pop-ups will still be visible in your EB map, but it won't be through a widget.