Select to view content in your preferred language

Using Near Me widget with List to create a mailing list

Jump to solution
01-17-2024 07:42 AM
AaronManuel2
New Contributor III

Hi, I'm trying to recreate an old web app dev workflow - selecting properties within a certain distance, and then populating a list with addresses that can be exported.

From what I can see the best way to do this is with the near me widget and the list widget. I've tried following the workflow in this post: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/connecting-near-me-widget-to-list-...

In the Near Me widget I have analysis settings pointed to my map, and properties(parcels) setup under the analysis layers along with address points. Then in the List widget, I have property data selected under outputs->Near Me -> Property Data.

Trying it out live, I run near me to get the parcels, but in List, nothing shows up. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, I just get the row of buttons with 'Property Data' listed.

Anyone have this workflow setup and functioning correctly? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi @AaronManuel2 ,

You can use Public Notification Instant app, it has the focused workflow to create labels, here is a blog on how to achieve this workflow in Public Notification app https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-instant-apps-blog/introducing-public-notification-beta/ba-p/126...

If you must use Experience Builder, then setting the output of Near Me in the List widget's data source should do this. After you set the output data from Near Me in List widget, did you set the field's in the list widget to show? If not here are the steps to do so:

1. In the List widget content,  Make sure Near Me output data is selected

AzizaParveen1_0-1705519867913.png

2. Then click inside the list widget and click on the database button to set up the dynamic content, here you should see the list of output fields from Near Me.

AzizaParveen1_1-1705519975692.png

3. Then add fields to List widget from this output field list. It should show up when you run Near Me analysis

AzizaParveen1_2-1705520036924.png

Please let me know if you still have problem showing Near Me output in List widget.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi @AaronManuel2 ,

You can use Public Notification Instant app, it has the focused workflow to create labels, here is a blog on how to achieve this workflow in Public Notification app https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-instant-apps-blog/introducing-public-notification-beta/ba-p/126...

If you must use Experience Builder, then setting the output of Near Me in the List widget's data source should do this. After you set the output data from Near Me in List widget, did you set the field's in the list widget to show? If not here are the steps to do so:

1. In the List widget content,  Make sure Near Me output data is selected

AzizaParveen1_0-1705519867913.png

2. Then click inside the list widget and click on the database button to set up the dynamic content, here you should see the list of output fields from Near Me.

AzizaParveen1_1-1705519975692.png

3. Then add fields to List widget from this output field list. It should show up when you run Near Me analysis

AzizaParveen1_2-1705520036924.png

Please let me know if you still have problem showing Near Me output in List widget.

0 Kudos
AaronManuel2
New Contributor III

Thank you @AzizaParveen1

This works, the only issue I have is the export is including all fields in the feature. I only want it to include the fields in the list. Do I need to add a view to the map and then use that instead to filter the fields?

Thanks again

AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi @AaronManuel2 

At this moment there is no way to export only fields in the list in List widget, same is true for Near Me. As far as I know only Table widget can do this (export selected fields).

We will log an enhancement request for this in List and Near Me widget.

Thanks

Aziza

vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor II

How to link near  me widget to directions widget without using data actions ?

0 Kudos