Select to view content in your preferred language

Use selected features as input to analysis tool

Jump to solution
03-15-2024 06:56 AM
LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Frequent Contributor

Hi all,

I have a question about using selected features in an analysis tool. I can't quite figure out how to make this work.

If I use the select tool to select let's say 10 houses from a building layer, I want to be able to take that building layer and use as an input to for instance the buffer tool.. 

But when I do that, it doesn't honor the selection.. it just takes all the features in the layer..

It would also be cool to be able to do the same with a GP/Web tool that you publish your self

Do anyone know a solution?

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @LarsElmkær_Chwastek 

Unfortunately "selection" is not yet supported in current Analysis widget. But we are working on that!

View solution in original post

WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry for late response. But this scenario is achievable now.
You can now select features in other widgets  (map, table, list etc.), or select use Select widget. Then for the selections there is a data action called "Set as input of Analysis" which can pass the selections to analysis tools. Please check:  
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/analysis-widget.htm#ESRI_SECTI...

WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, it will be available in upcoming 11.4

8 Replies
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @LarsElmkær_Chwastek 

At the moment I don't think that this functionality is possible, but I think that this would be an excellent to put into the Esri Ideas community.

I have tried to make the two widgets work together but I cannot find a way to link them either. There are options in the select widget to make a buffer using the spatial interaction, the yellow circle outlined is the buffer created. The settings on the right-hand side are for the select widget. 

DanielFox1_0-1710518900015.png

LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your answer Daniel, although not what I had hoped for 🙂

I have added the idea to the community: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-ideas/use-selected-features-as-input-in-anal...

The "Select" options gets me a bit of the way at least with the buffer tool.

Thanks

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @LarsElmkær_Chwastek 

Unfortunately "selection" is not yet supported in current Analysis widget. But we are working on that!

LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Frequent Contributor

Hi WeiYing,

Thank you for providing an answer and the update. Do you have any idea on when it could potentially be ready? 

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry for late response. But this scenario is achievable now.
You can now select features in other widgets  (map, table, list etc.), or select use Select widget. Then for the selections there is a data action called "Set as input of Analysis" which can pass the selections to analysis tools. Please check:  
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/analysis-widget.htm#ESRI_SECTI...

LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Frequent Contributor

Hi Wei Ying,

Thank you for your response and no worries 🙂

Just to be 100% clear - the Set as input of Analysis option is not available on Enterprise yet? Not until 11.4 or?? 

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, it will be available in upcoming 11.4

LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the update Wei Ying, have a great weekend 🙂

0 Kudos