Select to view content in your preferred language

Use selected features as input to analysis tool

Jump to solution
03-15-2024 06:56 AM
LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I have a question about using selected features in an analysis tool. I can't quite figure out how to make this work.

If I use the select tool to select let's say 10 houses from a building layer, I want to be able to take that building layer and use as an input to for instance the buffer tool.. 

But when I do that, it doesn't honor the selection.. it just takes all the features in the layer..

It would also be cool to be able to do the same with a GP/Web tool that you publish your self

Do anyone know a solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @LarsElmkær_Chwastek 

Unfortunately "selection" is not yet supported in current Analysis widget. But we are working on that!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @LarsElmkær_Chwastek 

At the moment I don't think that this functionality is possible, but I think that this would be an excellent to put into the Esri Ideas community.

I have tried to make the two widgets work together but I cannot find a way to link them either. There are options in the select widget to make a buffer using the spatial interaction, the yellow circle outlined is the buffer created. The settings on the right-hand side are for the select widget. 

DanielFox1_0-1710518900015.png

LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your answer Daniel, although not what I had hoped for 🙂

I have added the idea to the community: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-ideas/use-selected-features-as-input-in-anal...

The "Select" options gets me a bit of the way at least with the buffer tool.

Thanks

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @LarsElmkær_Chwastek 

Unfortunately "selection" is not yet supported in current Analysis widget. But we are working on that!

LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Occasional Contributor

Hi WeiYing,

Thank you for providing an answer and the update. Do you have any idea on when it could potentially be ready? 

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos