Updating Filters

06-10-2022 10:28 AM
KorinMiles
New Contributor II

When I create a filter on my data for a widget, if I have to go back in and update that filter, it does not let me. Once the first filter is applied, it is like it no longer has access to the original data. If I go back in and try to update the filter, like adding a condition to incorporate more data, it acts like that data is not there. I have had to delete the filter, apply changes, and then go in and totally rebuild my filter. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I think something is going on with the Online EB configuration environment or with Online itself.  I too have been having trouble with my list widgets and interactions with a feature Info widget that I normally don't see.  

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Is this issue still happening? If so is there an app to share so we can take a look? Unfortunately, I could not reproduce what has been described above.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply @TonghuiMing . Yes for me this issue still exists.  My eb is using a list widget and feature info widget with a hosted feature layer that contains 2464 polygons (a zoning layer).  My published version is here:

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/4a523b8a772b48af921d793b6b9c9563/page/Zoning/

and is working as expected. That is, the list, feature info, and map popup info all display the same information when clicked or selected, or sorted and selected etc.

Unfortunately, when I went in to the eb to explore some different filtering on this map, something became corrupted and I cannot duplicate the behavior.  The following details may or may not help:

For the list widget, the Default source is set to sort on object ID by default because the map layer sorts on ObjectID by default.  I am using then using an additional sort-by-type option so the users can sort the list.

For the feature info widget, I tried setting up a view to sort to use the same sort-by-type sort as the list widget.  That way, the list selection and feature info selection remain in sync when a user selects an item from the list, or pages through a feature info item.

But now, the problem is that I cannot re-build this behavior in the configuration editor.  When I click the map, the popup displays the correct info and the list displays the correct item, but the feature info displays a random selection, because it is using a view as its source and not the same 'Default' source that the map and list are using.

Other than setting the Feature Info to display the 'Selected' and not the Default seems to be the only way I can all three to display the same info correctly. 

I suspect this behavior is so tricky because I am working with more than 2000 records.  I am not experiencing the same difficulty on pages (maps) in the experience that use less records. 

0 Kudos
KorinMiles
New Contributor II

This issue isn't happening anymore. Thank you