Replicating WAB's Queried Features Display

Jump to solution
06-29-2022 03:08 PM
RInfante
New Contributor II

Hello!

I'm upgrading a WAB builder into Experience Builder and am looking to replicate WAB's Query functionality when it comes to displaying only the queried features on the map.

The feature layer I'm working with has hundreds of thousands of points. WAB allows me to query all of them  (via a combination of attributes, spatial filters, etc. even if the point layer itself isn't visible) and then draw only the ones pulled by the results. It's a system I set up to get the user to only 'call' the data they needed, as too many points drawn on the map will certainly cause issues.

I've been able to mostly replicate this functionality by setting up a point query whose 'Records Created' trigger acts on the Map Widget to show only the ones I want. The problem is that they show up in some sort of blurry yellow highlight that's hard to see, especially if the points are clustered together. WAB allowed the user to customize the way the output features looked on the map, but it looks like Experience Builder only allows me to pick a symbol for display on the results list:

RInfante_0-1656540030707.png

I've been looking everywhere to see if there's some other setting that I'm missing but have yet to find anything. Does anyone know if such an option exists? Or am I going to have to figure out a way to filter the source data layer with the query results so that only those show up, but with a proper symbology?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@RInfante Yes, we added this enhancement to customize symbols in AGOL 10.2 release.

For Enterprise users, the function will be picked up the next version after 11.0 (Enterprise 11.0 is equivalent to AGOL 10.1 as functions go).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RInfante
New Contributor II

Follow up for anyone interested:

I was trying to achieve this in ExB in Portal. The one in AGOL has been updated to allow you to customize how the symbols will look in the map. My company's current protocols however dictate that this needs to be built in a Portal Enterprise site, so until the Enterprise version of ExB is updated to include that functionality and we roll over to it I'll have to stick to WAB.

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@RInfante Yes, we added this enhancement to customize symbols in AGOL 10.2 release.

For Enterprise users, the function will be picked up the next version after 11.0 (Enterprise 11.0 is equivalent to AGOL 10.1 as functions go).

0 Kudos
RInfante
New Contributor II

Thanks @TonghuiMing for the reply and the update! 

0 Kudos