Select to view content in your preferred language

Transfer Expereince Builder to another organization

05-18-2021 12:12 PM
edward33
New Contributor III

I am needing to transfer my experience builder to another ArcGIS organization. I have tried both ArcGIS Online Assistant and the API code from the blog post: https://community.esri.com/t5/learn-arcgis-documents/how-to-copy-content-from-one-arcgis-online-acco...

I have used the code to transfer other content (web maps, web app builder, and survey123 forms) with success. I am wondering if there is something extra that needs to be added?

The error I get is:

("Failed to create Web Experience: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\\\Users\\\\......... , None)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
RoseZhou2
Occasional Contributor

@Jianxia  Has the  the new Python API which supports cloning Experience Builder items and other operations been released? If not, any date?

We have a few Experience Builder applications to be deployed from development env to production env.

Thanks

Rose

0 Kudos
RiceAdam
New Contributor II

@JasminePrater It is possible, it's basically a uniqueID path issue.. I should've expanded on how we solved it...

Sorry it was a while ago but we took the example scripts for item cloning and combined that with an ESRI YouTube video walk-through. The issue is ExB's (and WebApps) use uniqueIDs to reference layers. When you clone a dashboard to another portal, it generates new uniqueIDs for the layers but references the old IDs.

This means you need your cloning script to run through the ExB, grab all the layers' uniqueIDs and when it clones, rename the oldIDs to the new ones. You can also do this manually via the AGOLAssistant with find/replace.

Finally, we've just done this process again with ExB Dev Edition Dashboards onto our ESRI 11.1 stack. In that case, the recommended solution was to .zip the dashboard, copy to the portal server, generate a dummy ExB and replace that with the dev .zip (remembering to rename the config.json to the uniqueID).

KarstenRank
Occasional Contributor III

This sounds good!

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@JasminePrater  @alex_mapintel @KarstenRank, the upcoming release of ArcGIS API for Python (v2.2.0) is planned to be available on September 25. A blog post will be available, describing the new module and showing some workflows. Will share the blog here. Thanks!

JasminePrater
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you for the update!

0 Kudos
KarstenRank

When will the new docker container be published?

0 Kudos
SamJakson
New Contributor III

Has there been any update on this or the new release of the ArcGIS API for Python (v2.2.0)?

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@SamJaksonArcGIS API for Python (v2.20) is now available on the developers website. You may check out this new topic of Working with Web Experiences in the Python API .

0 Kudos
ChrisRoberts2

Hi Jianxia

The link supplied for Working with Web Experiences... says 'page not found'

0 Kudos
JasminePrater
Occasional Contributor II

I searched for the title on that page and found this article.  I think this is what we need.

Working with Web Experiences in the Python API

0 Kudos