Select to view content in your preferred language

Transfer Expereince Builder to another organization

05-18-2021 12:12 PM
Labels (1)
edward33
New Contributor III

I am needing to transfer my experience builder to another ArcGIS organization. I have tried both ArcGIS Online Assistant and the API code from the blog post: https://community.esri.com/t5/learn-arcgis-documents/how-to-copy-content-from-one-arcgis-online-acco...

I have used the code to transfer other content (web maps, web app builder, and survey123 forms) with success. I am wondering if there is something extra that needs to be added?

The error I get is:

("Failed to create Web Experience: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\\\Users\\\\......... , None)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
MeowMap
New Contributor

Thanks for this! Has anyone had success with these new classes? We’ve attempted a couple of clones and it seems to only work on the most basic ExBs. Complicated ExBs transfer over but the data sources are broken. We are on Kubernetes which is not compatible with AGO Assistant so we can’t update the config.json post clone.

0 Kudos
JasminePrater
Occasional Contributor II

We will be attempting to move our somewhat complicated and intertwined ExBs from AGOL to Portal and were hoping this would work for us.  Fortunately, we're not on Kubernetes and I am familiar with AGO Assistant, but is a bit concerning.  I will update how our process goes once completed, which should be in a couple of weeks.  If I have any additional insight, I will provide what I can.

0 Kudos
Alison_Mynsberge
New Contributor II

Is there any way to overwrite an ExB migrated from one portal to the other (retaining the item ID in the destination portal rather than making a new copy of the ExB)?  We'd like to do this so we can work in a dev portal and push things to a prod portal without having to do custom builds for all our ExBs.  Or is some other workflow recommended?

0 Kudos
IanMott
New Contributor

Hi Jasmine - thanks for this insight - any updates on this? I've built a fairly complex ExB app for a GIS diploma program on my school AGOL organization account and am hoping to copy the whole thing over to my employer's Enterprise Portal.

0 Kudos
JasminePrater
Occasional Contributor II

Unfortunately, we were not able to test this process.  We are in the process of rebuilding the the apps and copying our settings from the AGOL version to the Portal version.  Our Professional Services team said that if we wanted to try it, we'd need to find an employee fluent in Python.  Since another comment in this thread stated that their complicated apps struggled to transfer completely, we decided that it would take less time to rebuild the apps.  We want to avert potential conversion errors and to have the app in use within our expected timeframe.  Hopefully, the team will be able to solve those transfer issues in a future iteration of the code.

0 Kudos